Do you buy and hide stamps/ postcards for Future use?

Last year I found stamps celebrating Will and Kate’s (Royal) Wedding, I bought 5c and 10c stamps to make up the value.
I am going to do this with the first issue of King Charles’ stamps- to be used after he dies. I plan on doing this with other commemorative stamp issues.

7 Likes

I buy stamps and hide them from my husband. He NEVER has any. EVER!!!

12 Likes

I had an idea of buying 10, use 9 and keep 1. Keep them in a zip lock bag for 1 year or 2

1 Like

I keep 1 stamp from every sheet I order in case of shortages, but mostly in case I receive a profile of someone would really like those particular stamps (personal interest, new stamp collector and stamp design is discontinued, etc…).

4 Likes

Why are you being so rude?

Wait… Charles, is that you? :joy:

8 Likes

When I find postcards I love, I often buy an extra for myself or to save for my grandchildren. That hoard is getting bigger and bigger, so it’s equally possible that I will eventually go through it and use some that I don’t still love as much as others and send them to other PCers for official cards, lotteries, Round Robins and Tags :blush:

4 Likes

As Germany has run out on some of the stamps I liked really fast (like David Bowie or Neuschwanstein Castle), I have started saving a few of my favourite designs either for myself or for profiles and cards where they would be a perfect fit.
Fortunately there is no need to hide them :laughing:

5 Likes

With postcards …no ( I have thousands on hand). With stamps…yes, but only because I do a lot of mail of postcards in envelopes and items from my online store.

I don’t hide anything on purpose - things hide from me on purpose!
The German community already knows the story of a pen that escaped and that it now makes other things magically disappear.

2 Likes

I usually buy stamps from a company which sells a jumble of old stamps. This mix usually contains Christmas stamps too, so I always save those for the festive season.

1 Like

I hide mine from my husband too :joy: but because i recently started buying them and I’m not ready yet to admit that I spent so much money on this little sticky papers. :joy:

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

David Bowie stamps were back a few weeks ago.

Edit: they’re still available, so are Black Panther and Disney stamps. https://shop.deutschepost.de/75-geburtstag-david-bowie-briefmarke-zu-0-85-eur-10er-bogen

I don’t “hide” but I keep some that I think are special,waiting for the right person to send to.
But it happens sometimes with stamps that I finish all the normals and must use one of the “specials” :woman_shrugging:t2: