Disney Postcards?

I am going to Disney World this January, and I would love to get some Disney cards prior to going so I don’t overspend when I’m there. I am also specifically looking for cards drawn/painted by artists in their own style. Unfortunately I am only finding generic stuff like still photos from the films or what looks like cards for advertising merchandise from Disney themselves (I already have some of these)

Can anyone recommend a place online to buy one of a kind cards about Disney? I like beautiful artsy cards, funny, and cute. Cards depicting the Disney World park itself would be fine too.

2 Likes

I was in a similar boat when I visited a couple months ago, of course I only came upon these shops when I came back :sweat_smile: But here are some that I’ve considered purchasing, though I haven’t yet so can’t speak to quality.

2 Likes

I second Princess Ray Tattoo! I purchased postcards from her Etsy shop and they are great! Shipping takes a bit since she is an artist in the UK (looks like you are in the USA)

Edit to add: ThePhoenixPost is another Etsy shop with very reasonable prices and fast shipping. They have some Disney designs (like photos of Mickey Mouse)

1 Like

I may not know Disney World but I know Disneyland. Near Disneyland, there is a CVS pharmacy with Disney souvenirs incudling postcards of Disney characters, orange County and Los Angeles. The disney postcards cost 1 dollar each. Maybe call the CVS near Disney World and ask if they carry them. Most places around Disney sell Disney merch. Also consider gift shops outside of the park. I see some in Kississimee nearby. In Anaheim, on the street right before you arrive at Disneyland, there are postcards in the shops. Of course if you have time to shop around and compare price do it. Each store prices then different. But expect to pay more than a normal tourist card. I see in the vicinty of the park in Florida there is a Walmart Super Center. I have bought Disney postcards at Walmart. Here they have California printed on them with the characters. That may be an option.

Pcf or postcardfactory is the publisher of Disney postcards usually 5x7 size. Try see if they sell online. They used to sell on pcfgifts.com but their site seems to be down or not avaliable.

4 Likes

I don’t know any site but … if you want to send me a postcard from Disney world I’ll be happy to receive it :face_with_hand_over_mouth::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::wink:

2 Likes

LOL! I’d be happy to! Send me your address and i will make a note of it :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions! Sorry you had the same problem, hopefully you can go back again send some of these! They are lovely. :blush:

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestions! I will be sure to check them out!

I just ended up sending up some boxed set cards :sweat_smile: better than nothing! Have fun!

1 Like

They discontinued their direct-to-customer (B2C) sales. They only do B2B – bulk sales – now. :disappointed_relieved:

Disney is my dream that will never come true.
If it’s not rude on my part.And if you want, you can also send me a postcard from the Disney universe

I was in Disney world last year and had minimal success finding Disney related cards at the tourist shops on 192. I’ll be back at the end of December and will be looking for cards again. I read recently that you can have letters and cards postmarked at city hall in Magic Kingdom so i hope to send many cards from there

1 Like

I have a box of “The Art of Disney” postcards from The Golden Age (1937-1961). It has sketches and frames from Fantasia, Sleeping Beauty, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, and others. I’d be happy to do a direct swap. Let me know :slight_smile:

I know that you want to get them before you go to Disney BUT the Art of Animation hotel might have some in their gift shop. If they don’t you can always get pictures of the art on the walls that depicts early character designs!

Hello, everyone!
Can we trade Disney postcards with someone?
I offer an exchange with postage stamps or postcards from Bulgaria. Write a reply if you agree.

Vasil Terziev

1 Like