Delete Bookmark Limit

Seriously, what’s the purpose of having a limit on Bookmarks? I’m back on the Forum after being inactive for about a year and don’t ever remember a Bookmark limit. I remember other limits, and they seam justified as part of efforts to limit spam or bots. But Bookmarks? Those are for my own use only.

I bookmark items to remind me that I need to follow up on it later. Such as if I tagged someone and he sent me his address while at work, I’ll bookmark his message to remind me to send him a card when I get back home. Or bookmark messages or topics I need to reply at a later time. But for the first time I’ve been hitting a bookmark limit, and as a result messages or topics I need to remember to reply to are getting lost.

Again, I understand limits on posting topics or replies to topics, even limits on likes, all in an effort to limit spam and bots. But bookmarks?

5 Likes

I’m not aware of any limits on Bookmarks. However, I find Defer option much useful than Bookmark when I need to follow up or reply any message.

1 Like

Didn’t know about that feature. Thanks! I’ll start using it.

Bookmark limit still doesn’t make sense though.

1 Like

Yes, please :slight_smile:
I am also using lots of bookmark :slight_smile:
I was surprised there was a limit :o
I wouldn’t mind to have them unlimited or at least get like 50 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I didn’t realize there was a limit on bookmarks. I guess I haven’t reached it - how many is it? I too use bookmarks and find them super useful and would hate to run out. The defer button just marks things unread it seems - so do you need to hit defer every time to check back on something?

Haven’t used Defer yet, so can’t comment yet on whether it’s as useful as Bookmarks.

I have no idea what the Bookmark limit is. All I know that for the second or third day in a row, I’ve been prevented from making more bookmarks today because I’ve hit my “Daily Bookmark Limit,” and it’s not even noon here yet! It’s a daily limit I’m hitting, not a total limit. If there’s also a limit on the total amount of bookmarks, I’ve yet to hit it.

1 Like

This is the problem I keep running into. I would like to bookmark this so I can come back to it later when I’m able to actually sit down and write a postcard. But I hit my “daily” limit, and so there’s a chance I’ll either forget about this, or if I remember, have a hard time finding it again. My total bookmarks are at the moment less than 10, so it’s not like I’ve accumulated hundreds of bookmarks. I delete the bookmark as soon as I’ve followed up. So this is a limit on making new bookmarks.

I understand limits on posting topics, replying, liking posts and private messaging to limit spam. I even can understand limits on total bookmarks. But on adding new bookmarks, when in total I have around 10 or maybe less? I just don’t see the reason.

How do you delete bookmarks?

From the bookmarks page, tap the box with the 3 dots and click on the option to delete the bookmark.

Sorry I don’t see 3 dots can you explain in more detail please.

1 Like

It’s kinda hard to explain without screenshots, and a screenshot would include private info.

Another way to delete a bookmark is to go to the topic or message you’ve bookmarked. The bookmark icon will be in blue. Tap on it and a menu will come up. Select the red trash icon.

1 Like

Welcome back friend! Was wondering what happened to you. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you that worked.

1 Like

The only bookmark limit that I find is a daily limit which is at 50 (already up from the default of 20) which seems pretty high already.

This doesn’t seem right: you should only see that message if you hit the limit (50) within a 24h period. If have less than 10, something is amiss.

Can you confirm that you are seeing (or were seeing — sorry, I only found this now) that while having done less than 50 bookmarks on the same day? That would be a bug in that case.