Decorating the back of your →NON-HANDMADE POSTCARDS←

So cute :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Thank you!! I love your drawings too, they’re so wonderful :smile: :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Just trying something new to me. I’ve never drawn at the postcards before.

53 Likes

Wow! Y’all are amazingly talented! I just signed up and had no idea the most people decorate the backs and such. I feel way out of my league. These are truly amazing!

3 Likes

Hi @jenm1926, I’ve been following this thread for a while. I’m no artist. But, I love art, and enjoy seeing the postcard art produced by our friends all over the planet. The creations I see here inspire me to try different things. Small steps, and I enjoy the process. Just keep hanging out here, love the art, try things new to you. Have fun.

6 Likes

Showing the text because it’s a poem instead of something personal. I hope that’s ok? :slight_smile: Everything was moon themed and this poem is sort of part of the decoration. :heartpulse:

17 Likes

Sara Hagale (https://www.instagram.com/shagey_/) did a wonderful set of notecards for Valentine’s Day. I tried drawing one of her V-Day dog designs. I hope it will entertain the mail carrier.

Also used the same on an envelope.

15 Likes

Sending out my Lunar New Year dragon cards a little late. This guy’s color is more metallic blue/purple - shows better in a close-up at an angle:

18 Likes

For those who love decorating the backs of their cards, Mailart RR might be of interest!
Lots of groups to join! :art:

2 Likes

For a tree swap.
It glitters :blush:

21 Likes

I love your art style so much! :blush: One question, are you always putting the address in the upper left corner next to the stamp and was it ever a problem with delivery? I always assumed it is a must to put the address below the stamp, but I’d love to do it like you did. :sweat_smile:

Thank you! No, I don’t usually do this. I always put the stamp on the top right corner though!
I’ve never had any delivery problems even when I did it like this, but I don’t do it often at all, just in case. I have received a lot of mail that was like this though, but still, I don’t want to risk it too much :slight_smile: The usual way is always the safest!

When I do this, as you can see I try to really circle the adress and make sure it’s clear! Hope it helps

2 Likes

thank you so much! You are a hero! :blush:

1 Like

My most recent one. As the person loves stamps, I attached two vintage stamps from the DDR, so from a time when germany was still divided. She also loved nature, so I included some flower stickers. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Another tree swap.

22 Likes

As you do not live in France and as your postcards/letters most likely travel with “Deutsche Post” you should follow their AGBs if you want your things to arrive. At least I would recommend it. :wink::slightly_smiling_face:
In some cases there is extra postage needed for example if you use a colorful envelope, because they can’t sort it with machines this way or if it’s too large or too small or quadratic…

1 Like

This is for a tag where you draw or use stickers, washi etc to create a theme on the card that the person before you asked for.

The theme here was : the moon :slight_smile:

26 Likes

Tomorrow I will send my first postcard with drawings on the back. Thanks to all of you for inspiration and encouraging!

So exciting :sparkles:

35 Likes

I’m new to the forum, and hapoy to find this section to show the backsides of the cards. I love snailmail and to decorate them with stamps, stickers, washi, etc. Don’t we all :wink: Just to make it a little party on the doormat for the receiver! :partying_face::postbox:

Image removed by moderator as your private address was visible.
Please read this post and if you intentionally posted your address publicly, feel free to re-post the image here with a note like this: “My address is visible and I understand it’s being posted on a public forum”. Otherwise please cover your address before reposting the image. And please cover the written text better

Please make sure you hide any personal data from the image, such as names, addresses, text and postcard IDs.

10 Likes

@Xute like your backside! So easy, but it really looks like art!

1 Like