Decorating the back of your →NON-HANDMADE POSTCARDS←

Hey :slight_smile:
Every once in a while I notice these triangled stamps from russia, but never got one even though I got many postcards from Russia…
I like them pretty much :heart:
Are they older/hard to get?
We have none like that in Germany…
Please tell me about them :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope I’m not intruding :sweat_smile: It’s continuous series of stamps since 2011 on Decorative and Applied Arts of Russia (crazy popular, so usually only last series is available)
2011: Decorative and applied art. Lace
2012: Four stamps dedicated to Kasli cast-iron moulding
2013: Arts and Crafts of Russia. Shawls
2014: Decorative and applied art of Russia. Wood carving. Door trims
2015: The series “Russian Arts and Crafts. Porcelain tiles”. Blocks
2017: Russian Arts and Crafts. Zhostovo Painting
and 2020 (self-adhesive ones): Decorative and Applied Arts of Russia. Embroidery

On some years in the same series there was regular stamps though: Artistic Enamel. Russian Arts and Crafts or Decorative and Applied Art of Russia or Decorative and Applied Art of Russia. Fedoskinskaya lacquer miniature

2 Likes

Hi! )
That’s a lot of triangle stamps series) from last maybe 10 years. Mostly they are about national crafts. But the last line I saw was with northen animals)

19 Likes

I am so glad to have found this thread! I have literally only just started postcrossing and I didn’t even think about decorating the back of my postcards! Having seen all the beautiful ‘backsides’ on here, i have now fallen down the rabbit hole and am now avidly collecting things i can use.

9 Likes

Thank you @Xute & @gonchaya :heart:

Wow so beautiful, I made a wish at my page now, maybe one day one of them will find its way to my letterbox :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Be aware!
Its easy to get addicted in collecting paper!!!
:wink: :smiley: :joy: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Here are some of my recent cards where I tried to draw characters and images by Amber Fossey (zeppelinmoon on Instagram); Kathy Lam (dawning_crow on Instagram); and alicelovesdrawing on Instagram. My heart was broken a bit when the receiver of the capybara left me a blank hooray message. :joy: However, I think I will persevere with taking time to draw on the back of the cards because it is fun (even when not appreciated). :blush:

20 Likes

I think your efforts are wonderful. I am limited to stickers, tape and stamps but yours is great.

1 Like

Today I drew an address of a couple with 0 received cards so far. Tried to make their (potential) first card as nice as possible, still leaving enough room for a nice message. They like bikes and traveling and I chose those themes for my decorations. (the darker spots are golden, it’s not possible to catch it with the scanner)

36 Likes

Wow! Is the bike stamp still available? See it for the first time :heart:

No, it’s an old stamp from 2017 :wink:

Haha, what if they think this is the standard? :wink: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Today I designed and sent one postcard so far. although, before you go to the hospital, you will need to arrange and send a sufficient number of postcards and letters. But I can do it, I like this activity, it inspires. I decided that there are so many people, so many opinions, and everyone has their own sense of beauty, I like the style that I develop. it’s cute and has a bit of a vintage vibe to it. It’s great to see how your collages change from time to time. The more I make postcards, the more I like it.

17 Likes

Thank you, Alica! If you are implying that your are limited because you can’t draw, I would like to encourage you to keep trying. :grinning: Based on my experience, hand-eye coordination seems to be approving over the years on its own. :joy:

5 Likes

Wishing you good luck and all the best, @Katriona! :smiley:

Thank you :relaxed:

Working on this one today for a Postcrosser who loves Snoopy. I am also exploring ways to place stamps in more interesting ways. :face_with_monocle:

45 Likes

Such a cute and clever idea @Cerca_Trova! Worth ‘borrowing’ … :wink:

Thank you and go for it! :grinning:

1 Like

16 Likes