Decorating the back of your →NON-HANDMADE POSTCARDS←

My most recent one. As the person loves stamps, I attached two vintage stamps from the DDR, so from a time when germany was still divided. She also loved nature, so I included some flower stickers. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Another tree swap.

22 Likes

As you do not live in France and as your postcards/letters most likely travel with “Deutsche Post” you should follow their AGBs if you want your things to arrive. At least I would recommend it. :wink::slightly_smiling_face:
In some cases there is extra postage needed for example if you use a colorful envelope, because they can’t sort it with machines this way or if it’s too large or too small or quadratic…

1 Like

This is for a tag where you draw or use stickers, washi etc to create a theme on the card that the person before you asked for.

The theme here was : the moon :slight_smile:

26 Likes

Tomorrow I will send my first postcard with drawings on the back. Thanks to all of you for inspiration and encouraging!

So exciting :sparkles:

35 Likes

I’m new to the forum, and hapoy to find this section to show the backsides of the cards. I love snailmail and to decorate them with stamps, stickers, washi, etc. Don’t we all :wink: Just to make it a little party on the doormat for the receiver! :partying_face::postbox:

Image removed by moderator as your private address was visible.
Please read this post and if you intentionally posted your address publicly, feel free to re-post the image here with a note like this: “My address is visible and I understand it’s being posted on a public forum”. Otherwise please cover your address before reposting the image. And please cover the written text better

Please make sure you hide any personal data from the image, such as names, addresses, text and postcard IDs.

10 Likes

@Xute like your backside! So easy, but it really looks like art!

1 Like

I received this huge pug sticker bomb card today from @Xute! I love it

17 Likes

Love this expression! :dancer: :partying_face:

1 Like

Absolutely love these!

I was inspired by @thetimp for this postcard with a little glued envelope and it really works fine. So happy for having found this possibility which allows to decorate, to use several stamps AND to write a bit more than three sentences :blush:

19 Likes

@TanjaK93
So glad I could inspire you Tanja and your card looks great. It’s so much fun being able to tell/write a bit more when sending a postcard, right?

1 Like

Omg I NEED to try this. That’s absolutely genius

1 Like

Todays card goes to Taiwan 🩷 I used several washis and stickers

10 Likes

My decorated Akira backside finally arrived to @Steek ^^ It was so fun to draw, even though I had to simplified the original drawing to my skills :sweat_smile:

25 Likes

Wow!! You are so talented! :fire::scream: This is amazing. What pens do you use btw? The last time I tried drawing on the card, it bled through the front :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

For outlines I use Faber-Castell multimark permanent (S) (this one - Best pens for writing on the back of shiny cards? - #7 by Xute) and for the colours just regular water-based markers for children (local brand) - maybe that’s why they don’t bleed through? :thinking:

2 Likes

This is one the character drawing I did a while ago of Indian goddess… Durga…

14 Likes

And as of this one is a cartoon of Indian classical dance (Bharatnatyam)… i did with markers and coloured pens…tried my very best …:smiling_face::smiling_face:

26 Likes

I don’t understand why people don’t want home made cards. I am looking forward to getting one

4 Likes