Decorating Envelopes and Handmade Envelopes

I made the last one in illustrator, still waiting to be send lol

53 Likes

There are so many beautiful and inspiring mail arts! :heart:

I like making envelopes with Indonesian traditional clothing patterns called “Batik” (printed as wrapping papers, which is common here)

Then I started making collages. Sometimes the result is a mess, but the recipient didn’t mind it and this new activity is very relaxing for me. :slight_smile:

73 Likes

These are yes envelopes…fantastic :heart_eyes: :tada: :hugs:, crazy beautiful…mir would be the envelope enough, with such an envelope you do not need a postcard. :rofl: :hugs: :rofl:

2 Likes

The envelopes are so beautiful too, gorgeous. :heart_eyes: :hugs: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I both make and decorate envelopes depending on what look I’m going for and what supplies I currently have in. This is one of mine that I have matched to the writing paper I used. You can’t tell, but I also used a glitter pen over the animals so they sparkle like the stars they’re made of should.

39 Likes

And one recipient enjoyed hers very much :hugs::two_hearts:

1 Like

super pretty and made with love!

1 Like

Just made another one today.
I hope it doesn’t look messy…

52 Likes

I decorated a lot of envelopes yesterday night!
(I also posted these on my mail Instagram).

32 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m a fan of envelope art too and these are some of my works, I hope you like them

46 Likes

Ran out of scrapbooking materials so I made a simple one.

19 Likes

My daughter and I tried out envelope decorating tonight

43 Likes

It’s nice!
In Japan, we are not suppose to decorate regular size envelops. It is because washi tapes get stick to the machine, or it makes hard to sort the address etc. It’s not that everyone knows it but you get asked not to do so at the post office sometimes. It is fine to decorate over size envelopes and not so many stickers are ok. So when I decorate envelopes, I draw things that fits to the stamps and make art.

12 Likes

These are awesome ! Very inspiring

I don’t want to seem rude, but that’s not true. I almost never receive postcards and letters from said countries with such stickers, they almost always have nice stamps on them.

6 Likes

These are recent decorated envelopes I made :grin: I had tons of fun decorating them!

125 Likes

These envelopes are amazing :star_struck:

1 Like

That Super Mario one is awesome!

1 Like

Beautiful!!!

I love to decorate my postcards and envelopes! Here’s some of my recent.

15 Likes