DEC 10, 2022 - Boston area meet up! (and optional postage stamp swap)

@kristencat - Enjoy Mexico! May I get twenty meetup cards? Let me know your venmo or paypal and I’ll send you the funds.

Excited!

2 Likes

Oops! I missed the preorder. I’d like 10 cards if you have enough! Also would like the Venmo or Paypal info.

Looking forward to it,
FionaT

2 Likes

would any one interested in having a “trash” postcard pile that we can all pick through; another person’s trash is another person’s treasure type thing?

ANYWAY, the real reason i am posting: the cards arrived today and they look great!~ whoo~ :two_hearts: thank you for everyone who gave me their “orders”

a few things :

1. no worries about folks who didnt “pre-order”; i believe i ordered plenty, so we would have cards for both people told me their amount and those who didn’t. just used the pre-order numbers to ballpark a number :sweat_smile:
  2. i will provide my venmo information at the meet up, as cards are distributed just to keep everything organized in my head

looking forward to see everyone in a few weeks! :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Thanks for getting the card order all set for everyone @sarahaeyo . How much is it per card?

Also, I am totally down for a treasure/trash table. :slight_smile:

Mexico is nice and warm! I got to mail some postcards for postcrossing here and went to a post office! To send internationally it is only 15mxp (about 85 cents). Hope they travel safely!

2 Likes

I love the idea of a trash / treasure table!

2 Likes

oops! i knew i forgot something :sweat_smile:
everything works out to 25¢ per card!

2 Likes

I’m so sorry - I didn’t see this message, for some reason! I’m in RI, so it wouldn’t work out. But thank you, anyway!

2 Likes

I can’t wait for this!

2 Likes

Hello,
I would like to swap this card with a meet up card from Groningen in The Netherlands

1 Like

Im so upset that I’m missing this one again :sob:

1 Like

So glad I saw this! It will be my first meetup! Love the stamp swap idea and the trash/treasure one too. Can’t wait to buy my first meetup postcards too! Thank you for organizing it and sarahaeyo for designing and ordering the meetup postcard!

4 Likes

Can we swap

1 Like

I will be there too! This is my first meetup as well! I’m normally based out of my college in NH, but I am in the area for all of December and will definitely be there on the 10th! I’ll bring some stamps as well for the swap. Super excited for the meet-up! Thank you so much for organizing it all, Porter Square is such a good location too!

3 Likes

Saturday is almost here!! The weather looks clear of precipitation but a bit chilly. I will be at Porter Square Books at 11:30 - possibly outside but most likely right inside the doors. If I get my act together, I will have a Postcrossing sign so you can easily find me. If not, I have shoulderlength brown hair, purple glasses, and a dark blue fleece. At around noon I will mosey over to Panera and save some seats downstairs so that everyone can trickle in when they are done.

Hope you all can still make it :slight_smile:

Super excited about Saturday. So glad it doesn’t look like rain as I’ll be taking the train and walking a bit. For anyone else taking the Red Line I just noticed this on the MBTA website:

Red Line: Shuttle buses replacing service between Harvard and Park St. on the weekend of Dec. 10-11 due to track work.

Also, I’m not too familiar with Cambridge and Porter Books can someone give me the address please? I’ve Googled and gotten one on White St and one on Massachusetts Ave. Perhaps they have two entrances but I want to make sure I get to the right place. Thanks!

Looking forward to meeting everyone,
Maureen

i believe this one is located at 25 white street, cambridge, ma 02140 with the panera located at 5 white street!

a map showing the panera, porter square books, usps and the porter sq t stop:

Thank you!!

I am really bumming that I can’t be there. Cancer stuff as it is - will be home and writing postcards here. Sending lots of Postcrossing love to all!

1 Like

Just got here. We are outside at the moment. Parking is a bit crazy. But hopefully people driving will find a spot.

3 Likes