DATE TO BE CONFIRMED - Glasgow meet up

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Glasgow
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: will publish when I find the suitable place
:calendar: DATE: August 24th《Temporary time》
:alarm_clock: TIME: 13:00《Temporary time》
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: enjoy afternoon tea and write postcards.
Hi guys!I’m Casper from Shanghai China,On July I will come to Glasgow to begin my University life in Glasgow University and Glasgow international college,I really enjoy the meet up time however I find that Glasgow seldom hold meet up so I decided to hold one on Glasgow.Maybe on August or September when I find the suitable place to hold the meet up and after I familiar with the Glasgow.(If any Glasgow native people can help me I will thanks a lot!).Meet up card I already designed by myself,and maybe on June I will organize the people who would like to come this meet up and try to know how many cards I need to print!(I will try to print them in China so that maybe you can spend relatively low fee to buy more cards)
My English is not very well so hope everyone can speak slowly when on meet up haha!

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

:scissors: Notes for meetup organizer (delete this text after reading): :scissors:

• Your meetup must follow the Meetup Guidelines. Please keep the link to them on this post (already included above).
  • Always specify the timezone of the event when choosing date/time on the “Add Event” button above.
  • Your first post announcing the meeting must be in English. The rest of the meetup discussion can be conducted in your own language.
  • If you’re creating meetups postcards with the Postcrossing logo, make sure to check the Logo Usage Guidelines.
6 Likes

Hello, dear Postcrossers!
I would be very interested in swap the wonderful card.
My offers:

Enjoy your meet up and thank you in advance

1 Like

Hi Casper, I love the card!

I might be visiting my friend in Glasgow the week earlier - I see your date is not fixed, so do let me know if it changes! (My plans are not yet confirmed).

1 Like

I like the card as well. Let me know when you are open for swaps

1 Like

I’m in Stirling and have a few friends local who will most likely attend!
For me as well the exact date doesn’t work as it is my toddler’s birthday, do you have any flexibility?
Happy to help you organise. Infact I was just about to start a Scottish meet up post and spotted yours.

1 Like

Wow!That’s cool!The time maybe will change but I think only change to other Saturday or Sunday because on week days I need to study at University haha!

2 Likes

How long are you in Glasgow for?

4years until I graduate from University of Glasgow☺️

Is The Postcrossing logo is a registered trademark notice on the back of this postcard?

Vicki
Postcrossing Team

1 Like

Yes on the top left of the background but I haven’t show it!

1 Like

嗨Casper! 来则德国的问候!
We’ll be in Glasgow in August, but probably one or two weeks earlier. I will keep an eye on this thread to see which date will finally be set.

1 Like

Are you going for WorldCon? Because I’m probably going for WorldCon

1 Like

Yepp - indeed - it’ll be our third Worldcon in Glasgow!
Cool that other Postcrossers might be attending too!
We still don’t know when we will actually arrive as there might be a family event beforehand.

I haven’t booked my flights yet either. I’m trying to decide if I want to do some extra travel around Scotland while I’m there. Keeping this on topic, definately would plan my travel if this meeting happened around the 8th-12 of August or a day or two on either side.