Damaged cards

Today, I received by first ever severly damaged postcard. :sob: The upper part (where the stamps are) was torn off; however there was enough of my address left to identify me as the recipient :tada: and the ID and message were unharmed :heart:

The yellow sticker (attached by Swiss post) says: “This consignment from abroad has reached us damaged. Please excuse us.”). They carefully put it in a plastic bag and delivered it to me.

4 Likes

The only card from postcrossing that arrived beat up is one of my favorites! It’s a Halloween meet up card from Turkey, the names on the back are a little water damaged too. Obviously, I don’t wish all postcards to meet this fate, but the few that do, I think they’re extra special wabi sabi, like the postcard has been on its own journey through hell to reach me.

4 Likes

Yes, I quite feel the same. It has its own story to tell.

3 Likes

Oh, my poor Lou Paper Saint Paddy’s Day card. So sad, @AprilSun66! :frowning_face: At least the pot of gold is in good shape! Thank you for the swap!

7 Likes

Oh no Davyda!
I’m so sorry that the US Postal service has once again managed to really screw things up.
I also have received too many cards like this. It’s so disappointing.

I recently had this happen with 3 TS cards in an envelope. They were ripped/torn. I was so unhappy.

If I come across another one, I’ll be sure to send it your way.

All my best,
Judi

2 Likes

It is the reason why I don’t upload the images of the postcards from me before I send them. I am glad to see what they look like when they arrive in their destinations.

Great News! I’ve tagged for another St. Patrick’s Day card for you!!!

I’ll PM you…

2 Likes

Today, I received this postcard from Luxemburg:

Luckily, the ID and message was still readable. However, the stamps were torn quite badly.

The sender mentioned sending me „many Harrys“ because I like Harry Potter. I guess not all Harrys made it quite safely to me. :wink:

8 Likes

Last December, I received this one with “from Germany” scratched out with black crayon. I assume it was done since it was messing with the address reading machines?
Definitely not the most elegant way for the post office to block it out.

2 Likes

During the last 12 months In Western Australia we had some bags of mail that got wet when a courier for the post office had some issues. I kept getting post cards that were sealed i plastic bags, placed in a post bag and forwarded to me with an apology note stating the card was wet - it was a bit odd, because sealing it in plastic made it wet … and soggy… and sometimes smelly/not nice. Books and other things were replaced by the sender via insurance from the courier, but my poor postcards. I saved them all eventually, with careful drying.

2 Likes

I received this card with a wonderful image of the Hamburger Rathaus ripped right in half. Most of the building survived except for the central tower - the remainder of the image was mostly background sky (the sender had uploaded the full image). There was enough information on the back to recover the postcard ID with the help of the administrators and register the card.

5 Likes

This topic reminds me of this unlucky card I’ve received. I believed that it got wet with the alcohol the post officers sprayed on it for more than 10 times (they told me). Then the surface of it became quite soft and easy to tear.

I don’t know what the sentence on it means. It is not complete. Unfortunately the sender didn’t upload the image. I think it is about the Christmas.

5 Likes

Happy New Year! (Счастливого Нового года!)
(For a long time our country was atheistic, so the traditions of New year holiday and Christmas are mixed here.)

Thank you! I had tried to type them in Cyrillic by myself to translate , but the style of them made them hard to be recognized by me.:rofl:

this happened to me also the front of the postcard was ripped off and looked like it had been in a puddle. I could just read the id code and lucky they had uploaded the picture of it lol

I created this thread as cemetery of my postcards, because they got destroyed by Sticker. Just like @yudi stamp’s cemetery.
My heart really hurt.

Warning for everyone, you may get shocked while you are seeing my cards.

Let me start

Well at least I can see almost flag.

Well at least I can see a head of train.

But but ah ah

Packet can’t escape

And postcard

And other one

Well Sticker maybe can be clean, but if is this. I think may never get it off.

Other side

Backside if the card removed by moderator
according to rules it is not allowed to make backsides public

9 Likes

Back side of envelop

And cards

And I try to remove.

3 Likes

:dizzy_face::smiling_face_with_tear: the sticker cannot be remove? Maybe you can try use hairdryer on it sometimes it work

I think there have been many discussions about how to remove the sticker on 小红书. But the red marks are permanent unfortunately :smiling_face_with_tear:

Yes But the point is,both red marks and sticker only should been put on packet and envelop.