Damaged cards

It is really annoying! :((

My first fake fur postcard came home damaged…
But I’m still happy to receive it. :heart:

4 Likes

I’ve had a card arrive in a USPS envelope ripped, but the most damaged parcel I’ve ever received was an envelope of stickers from an RR. The envelope had been soaked through with liquid causing all the stickers to either lose their gum or for them to stick all together in a lump.

2 Likes

A while ago this card arrived from China. Luckily it still had the address and the ID on it - I actually quite like it and decided to consider this to be mail art :woman_shrugging: :grinning:

7 Likes

This card was delivered today, from Taiwan!

10 Likes

Nooo :sob: What they heck did they do to this poor card? :scream:

1 Like

Came in this bag

4 digits of the official ID are visible and all of my address. Postcrossing is researching for the ID

4 Likes

Oof! Well, it’s good to know that they care… I would say that this incident did inconvenience you, though :grimacing:

1 Like

I love the image of Putin riding a bear😂

3 Likes

This card turned into an interesting collage during it’s travel!
The front has a hatch :grin: and a postage stamp attached the wrong way up (from some other mail)

And the message side has many postage stamps from other cards I guess, also the glue side up, and parts from other mails showing.

Also I was surprised it only travelled little over 30 days.
Part of my name is missing, as is part of the street name and part of the city name.

Even though it’s sad to see this suffered card, it looks so cool, and like it took the most fun out of it’s travel time :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

My son received today a damaged card , , Lucky for the sender id code was claer

1 Like

This poor card was mauled by USPS and is expired, but arrived today in a neat USPS wrapper.
Postcrossing searched for the ID and it’s now been registered.
I’m sad that it was damaged, and want to know all about the image, but postcards that go through trials and still make it to me always make me happy!

6 Likes

It looks like it went to a fun party!

1 Like

Card in an envelope, from UK, was covered in something. I guess there is a spill team that determined it to be nonhazardous!

12 Likes

I still wouldn’t touch it without a haz-mat suit… :flushed:

2 Likes

Coffee!

I received my first damaged card today. The postcard ID was halfway torn and the date was shredded too. Postcrossing figured out the sender in under an hour! I was glad to be able to register this travel weary card!

1 Like

Yesterday I also got a postcard with half torn address (it was printed and glued, the id on top of my address). The id was totally gone, but the Postcrossing team found it very quickly :hugs:

1 Like

Today I got this handmade card. The watercolors got wet, the paper damaged and a cancellation mark on the picture side.

3 Likes

I got 10 cards today, many were quite badly damaged by what seems to be water.

2 of the cards came in an envelope and were stuck together :frowning: Got some bad damage when I separated them. But I fixed them! :grin:

19 Likes