Damaged cards you received from Japan recently?

hello all,

i have been wondering for a while now if the cards you have received from Japan recently have been arrived damaged or not. why i ask this question is that i have noticed for the past two years or so the postboxes in Japan, especially in the cities, have been almost always very full with small packages people put in them, and i have nearly always worried if my cards send to abroard through the postboxes arrive undamaged or not because of it.

if the damaged cards seem to be a lot, i will tell postal clerks nearby about it.

4 Likes

No, I don’t think I even ever received a damaged card from Japan. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I received 2 lately. In perfect condition.

1 Like

I’ve only received 2 postcards from Japan so far and they both arrived in perfect condition.

1 Like

No.

1 Like

No. they are in perfect condition

1 Like

They arrived in perfect condition.

1 Like

No problems with any card I’ve ever received from Japan!

1 Like

No problems with the postcards I have received from Japan

1 Like

No problems, perfect conditions.
Don’t worry, be happy :grin:

1 Like

The postcard I received from Japan had one slight scuff on the front. The US to US ones have had much more damage.

5 Likes

@HeatherSuncoast
oh really? i wonder the scuff was made after the card arrived in USA or before ? :thinking:

It is definitely from the US machines. I have four postcards (from Postcrossers in Germany, Japan, Norway, and Russia) with scuffs in nearly the same spot! I didn’t realize this until I looked at the postcard from Japan on display and noticed the others!

@HeatherSuncoast
sorry to hear that. personally i would not mind much about a slight scuff on my cards from anywhere. it is just i somewhat worry about the cards i send from Japan. . . . . scuff, bent, torn partially, things like that.

I don’t mind the scuffs. The one postcard I got with the worst damage (two torn stamps) was from California! The worst cancellation was an Earth Day postmark over Rhett Butler’s forehead on a beautiful Gone With The Wind stamp - US to US again!

Perfect condition here in India! From Japan to India now is only surface (sea) mail but they all arrive in perfect condition.

1 Like

Mail from Japan is always in perfect conditions, either cards or letters, as if it has not traveled at all and has been delivered from hand to hand.

3 Likes

No!I received every cards from Japan In really good conditions!

1 Like

I have had some cards which arrived damaged, but they were all sent to USA, which seem to have automatic sort machines which people complain about

1 Like

The arrived here in perfect condition. Even crazy or delicate handmade cards.

1 Like