Customs Conundrum

Hello Clare @clareaye

Haven’t sent any tea or chocolate for a while, I’ve participated in tags previously in the spring and sent half with customs forms and half without.

Ofcourse both UK & EU customs arrangements have changed since April primarily because of the ‘B-Word’ and the ‘C-Word’

I sent two chocolate bars (one with a CN22 form and one without a form) to the same postcrosser in Lithuania on the tags roughly 8 weeks apart then a couple tea bags without a customs form.
Heard nothing for about 3 months when apparently all three arrived together with the first chocolate bar in a padded envelope arrived in a pretty beat up way.

I’ve sent Tea to France and Singapore without forms, no problem. But both countries now require forms. US, Italy, Lithuania, Japan, I have used customs CN22 forms and so far all but my second Italian letter have arrived.

CN22 forms are free from the Post Office for International Standard/Economy post.
CN23 forms are for registered letters and parcels so make sure you get the right form.

Again half and half of recieved letters with Chocolate/Tea with customs forms.

Even when I sent a full sheet of high value Mint Postage stamps I filled out a customs form, in the event it had to be inspected.

I personally would use customs forms on chocolate/tea, expensive items, etc.

Hope this helps,
Regards,

Mark

2 Likes