Country Sunset Ice Cream Meetup - Hillsborough, NC - August 17th, 2024

CITY/REGION: Hillsborough, North Carolina, USA
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Maple View Farm Ice Cream | 6900 Rocky Ridge Rd, Hillsborough, NC 27278
:calendar: DATE: August 17th, 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 5PM - 7PM EST
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: :ice_cream: Ice Cream, Socializing, Postcards, and Stamps and more!

LIMITED NUMBER OF SPOTS
This host has social anxiety, limiting this meetup to 10 people max.

Kicking off the second (of many to come) NC Food Tour PostCrossing Meetups, I want to share a North Carolina country delight by heading down to the farm.

Maple View Farm Ice Cream is a delight to have with amazing views Check out this sunset on their farm!

Come together and meet over the love of icecream, spot the cow on the roof and enjoy one of the most beautiful farm views of North Carolina.
:cow: :ice_cream: :cow: :icecream: :cow: :ice_cream: :cow2: :ice_cream:

Meet Up Card:
Greetings from Hillsborough, North Carolina
Stop #2 in Food Tour Series Postcard

I will provide the cards at no cost. Right now, they are limited to 10 each, with a possibility of having more left over.

The Plan
To spend an hour or so at Maple View Farms, socializing, enjoying the ice cream, signing meetup cards.

What to Bring?
Please bring your own chair Incase the rocking chairs are all taken. Alternatively, I will have a folded table up for us to sign cards around.

A pen will get you very far at Meetups. If you just want to sign a few cards, write some postcards to send, and just share stories - you’re set for a good time! Some folks will get a little custom rubber stamper made - something that has their username or even something that identifies with them as a means of signing other Meetup cards. If you have something in mind, feel free to bring it with you and any other decorating tools you like to use!

Trash and Treasure
Bring any cards, washi tape, stickers, pens, or any other kind of postcard writing supplies you no longer want or need. It may be the perfect find for someone else! We’ll have a table set up where you can leave behind your unwanted cards and supplies and look for some new items for yourself.

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup

12 Likes

Sounds fun!

1 Like

Can’t make this one hope someone can send me a card please

2 Likes

Hello!

Ice cream and postcards? Yes, please!

Love to see you there,
Terri G

1 Like

Maple View is my favorite!! I’ll be there if there are still spots available!

1 Like

@TurtlesOfCatan Heck yeah come on over!

I was born in HIllsborough but am disabled and live in western nc. Totally would come if I could. I sent you a pm on insta with info if you want to be penpals. Thanks for doing this. Love the art of correspondence!

1 Like

This is wonderful…postcrossing and ice cream. How do i get a stamper? Thanks!

1 Like

I love Maple View! I’d definitely love to join if there’s still spots open :grin:

Hi! I got mine through rubberstamps.com
I designed my own stamp, which was a lot of fun :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I’m totally attending this one! Might bring the hubby bc he loves ice cream! :icecream:

2 Likes

I am putting this on my calendar. What a great place to meet. Look forward to meeting local postcrossers.

1 Like

I would love to come if there are still spots available. I’m a couple of hours away in Virginia.

2 Likes

I would like to attend please

1 Like

@Lisaorpheus - I am coming down from Virginia too for this one. :grin:

It will be fun to see you again. :grinning:

2 Likes

I can’t make it there but I’d love to swap for this meetup card :sob:
Here are my offers: mcrxmy | Zonerama.com
Please send me a message if you’re interested :heartbeat:
Have fun everyone!

By my count y’all are at exactly 10 (including @AnxiousHuman!)

If anyone ends up not being able to make it, let me know – I’d love to come to this one.

Thanks for organizing these, Summer!

Hello! Is someone interested in swap? Please message me if you do :wink:

My offers: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/XrED/w5nb8Scqs

Thanks!