Contest - guess when the 9 millionth US card number will be drawn!

I just drew two Postcrossing numbers in the 899xxxx series, so it looks to me like we’re closing in on the 9,000,000th US card.

Register your guess in this thread and when we know the date of the 9 millionth card drawn, I will send the closest guesser a card suited to their profile. Or let them choose from my Flickr albums if they prefer.

Happy holidays to you all, and may 2023 be healthy and full of joy.

5 Likes

This makes for an interesting guess with Christmas and New Years in the mix!:blush: I say January 2.

1 Like

Oh! I want to play! Since we’re guessing when the card will be sent and not received…Hm…I’m going to guess December 25th!

3 Likes

Thank you for the nice lottery! My guess is the 7th of February, thank you!!

1 Like

Thank you so nuch interesting thread, i guess it would be registered after holidays, and it’ll be registered around 14th January

1 Like

Just wanted to post that the 9,000,000th card was drawn today… by me! :slight_smile:

Happy Christmas and Postcrossing, everyone!

3 Likes

Woah, that is so cool! Congratulations to you! That will be a very special card.

@jocrafts - looks like you are the winner, so congratulations to you too! I will PM you.

1 Like

Does this mean you were correct? I can’t seem to locate the original contest.

Congratulations if yours was the correct guess!

1 Like

I think I was actually right on! Looks like Michaela drew 2 days ago…which was 12/25!

2 Likes

Do you know if there was another milestone contest for the overall number of postcards sent with Postcrossing?

I seem to remember it, but can’t find it now :thinking:

I found it! It is on the December 13th, 2022 PC Blog post. When is the 70 millionth postcard going to arrive?
You can guess there for the 70 millionth postcard–you might win that contest too!

2 Likes

The 9,000,000th card was just registered. :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks for keeping us posted!

It’s such an appropriate and awesome card too. Great choice!

1 Like