Community.postcrossing.com loading notably slowly

Hey there team, the Forum is loading very slowly for me and I think it might be an issue with Discourse.

Tried Chrome (not my usual browser) - Version 115.0.5790.114 (Official Build) (arm64) - most recent update
Took 1 minute and 21 seconds to load the login page at community.postcrossing.com.
Watched Blue and Yellow dots pulse while I waited.

Tried Firefox Private Browser - 15.0.3 - most recent update
Took 1 minute at 27 seconds to load the login page at community.postcrossing.com
Watched Blue and Yellow dots pulse while I waited.

In general, it takes me between 10 - 20 seconds to load a tag page, sometimes as long as 30 seconds to a minute.

I’m using a Macbook Pro, 2021, Apple M1 Max, 32 GB memory with Ventura 13.5 on the latest update.

I am in Nashville, TN, USA.

Here are some other things I’ve tried:

• In Firefox, my normal browser, I cleared my cache and cookies.
  • For my laptop, I made sure Ventura was updated.
  • I restarted my router twice.
  • I’ve shut my computer down several times.
  • There are no service outages in my area.

Additionally:

I went to the Discourse website and navigated to a bunch of other Discourse servers from there, and they were all very fast - loaded within one second.

I also looked at the Network tab while loading Postcrossing Discourse. Saw a bunch of files load, one at a time, very slowly. Every filetype was slow to download, whether it was a stylesheet or a js file or an image.

I also tried all of these things on multiple computers.

Community.postcrossing.com is the only site giving me issues. Postcrossing.com takes a couple of seconds to load (unusual) but it’s not as unbearable as Community.

thanks for looking into it!

8 Likes

Yes, today I noticed the same long loading times with the Forum page on my computer. But on the other hand, when I tried loading the page today using a computer at the public library, there was no delay.

1 Like

After some loading time… I was finally able to access the forum now. I’ve been trying all day.

1 Like

Thank you @jeffbh ! Can you share what computer operating system and browser type you’re using, and where you’re located?

Thanks so much @Cilla. I wonder if US based users are having issues. Can you share what computer operating system and browser type you’re using, and where you’re located?

Hello again @adriennefriend: I’m in Illinois using a computer with Windows 10 and Google Chrome browser. (By the way, Forum page seems to be loading much quicker now).

1 Like

The forum loads ok for me. But, I am unable to send photos on Forum using my phone. It works well on a laptop. Does anyone else face a similar problem?

1 Like

I was also having this issue 2 or 3 nighs ago! It was just the forum, not the standard Postcrossing site.

3 Likes

Hello Adrienne, :wave:
I am able to send pictures from phone, and loading is okay:)
Everything is fine for me, hope you can access forum now🙂

1 Like

I don’t have this problem. Maybe open a second issue if the problem persists :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t have problems with pictures from phone :hugs:
Just the things I noted in my post.

Thank you for the kind words!

2 Likes

Hi, @adriennefriend the problem seems to be fixed today :grinning:
Sorry for the delay in responding. Yesterday, I was using iOS 16.5.1 and Safari.

1 Like