[Closed] School Project - Learning Geography with 6-7 year olds

Hello! I’m a mother’s helper to my daughters first grade class (6-7 year olds) and they are starting to learn about the countries of the world. I told her teacher all about postcrossing and thought it would be wonderful if the kids could get snail mail from countries around the world! It is so much easier to learn when anticipating snail mail, and hold a postcard that has traveled near or far! The address of the school is:

First Baptist Christian School
c/o Mrs. Ashley Hanna
40 West St.
Weymouth, MA 02190
USA

Thank you in advance for helping this school project. My daughter loves to see the postcards we get at home, and I’m excited to share this magic with her class. If you would like a postcard in return, please let me know! I can work with the kids to write them.

8 Likes

Will send a couple of cards. Do you want them written, in envelope? I wish postcrossing was around when I was teaching.

1 Like

No preference on in an envelope or not! Thank you so much

1 Like

I will happily select & send a postcard from Canada :canada: :maple_leaf: to assist this wonderful educational project.

I hope it inspires future Postcrossers!

Chantal from Canada

P.S. I would love a return postcard!

1 Like

I’ll send a postcard from the Black Forest / Germany. :evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

It would be reasonable to write the country at the end of the address. Not everyone can guess that the United States of America is meant.

1 Like

I will send a postcard from Germany :de:

1 Like

I have added that in. Thanks!

1 Like

I can send a card from France if youd like :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you!

Will send one from Hong Kong

1 Like

Thank you!

I have written cards. Tomorrow the care worker will take them to the post office (I am a disabled person recovering from onco therapy and am glad to be alive).

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

I would love to send a postcard from Russia (St. Petersburg). Which image is better to send a postcard with (illustration or view)? And what should I write on the postcard? I would be happy to receive a postcard in return if you would like to send it :slight_smile: Let me know :heart:

2 Likes

The kids would love a card from Russia. A view would be great, and you can write about your town or country, or even a favorite childhood book! We will send you a card in return!

1 Like

I will mail a postcard from Louisiana

1 Like

Thank you!!

Will send one!

1 Like

Thank you!