[CLOSED] Help my research on Postcrossing English Proficiency

Hello!

I’m an English student who currently doing a final project for English Language Assessment and Testing class, in which I have to devise a test to see the extent of language proficiency in a community or non-formal education organization. Considering that Postcrossing is a community that consists of many EFL/ESL speakers, I want to see the English proficiency of Postcrossers around the world!

This test is specifically targeted to people who use English as their second or foreign language (If English is your native language, your answers may not be eligible for my final statistics, but I’d love to see it as well). It consists of 30 questions on Reading and Vocabulary, with postal-related texts. It may take you 15-30 minutes to finish this test.

You can fill out the form here: https://bit.ly/PostcrossingEnglishTest

Three lucky participants of this test will receive a postcard by the end of this research. Feel free to share this with fellow non-native English speakers in Postcrosssing.

Thank you for your time and help with my research!

Best regards,
Nau

P.S. I’m not sure if this should go to the Education category so, Moderators, feel free to move this thread to the suitable category. Thanks in advance!

24 Likes

I hope to have done it correctly.
The texts were fascinating.
Wish you the best

1 Like

Thank you! Really appreciate your participation.

Maybe you should add here, how much time it needs to do the test… right now I don‘t want to start, because I don’t know if I have enough time, hopefully I think about doing it later in the evening!

4 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion and your interest! From my estimation, it may take you 15-35 minutes to finish the test. Added this on my post as well!

2 Likes

Wow! That was really interesting. So many cute postal-themed facts that were unknown to me before.
Thank you! :raising_hand_woman:t3::grinning:

1 Like

Great idea to use the PC community for your project! I’m a native English speaker so won’t participate but would be fascinated to read about your results later. Good luck with that and please keep us posted!

4 Likes

I just filled in your form. Good luck with your research!

1 Like

I ate some armed forces cokies, but now I know what they were really made for! :sweat_smile:
I think it took 45 to 55 minutes to read everything carefully and answer the questions.

2 Likes

That was fun! I hope I pass :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I participated :blush: I loved the story of the Pony mail !!

1 Like

Done!
I actually found the reading quite enjoyable and learnt many new interesting facts and also it was a great opportunity for practice!
Thank you and good luck with your research!

3 Likes

Done. :blush:

1 Like

Done :cookie:

1 Like

OMG! Thank you for this linguistic treat. The text were so enjoyable to read and informative. Besides that, I need an update about my language skill and have been toying with the idea to further improve my level.

1 Like

Thank you. That was fun :upside_down_face: Good luck with your studies.

1 Like

I woke up to 40 responses for this test this morning, which was quite unexpected and exceeded my early expectations! Thanks to everyone who participated and shared wonderful comments! I’ll keep the test open until later today or tomorrow for before closing it further analysis. Everyone did a great work on their attempt, by the way :grin:

5 Likes

I would love to take part, but unfortunately won’t have time until later today (Friday). Will it still be up then?

1 Like

Yeah, don’t worry about it! I might close it tomorrow (Saturday)

1 Like

Just finished the test. Wanted to clarify, however, that while English is my second language, I have been living in the United States for forty years now. So while technically not a native English speaker, I may not be a good candidate for the test.

By the way, loved the stories. Recommended reading even if you don’t want to take the test.

1 Like