[CLOSED] Chrisbonham11's 10th Postcrossing Birthday British Isles Lottery #3

Hello British Isles Forum Folks!

21 September 2024 is my 10th Postcrossing birthday! On 21 September 2014, I signed up to Postcrossing. I don’t know now how I found out about the project, alas. What I do know is that I’ve had ten grand years as a Postcrosser, and I’m looking forward to the next ten years! The last three years, during which time I’ve interacted with so many of you British Isles folks in this lovely corner of the Internet, have been especially fun.

I have decided to mark my 10th Postcrossing birthday, and share the celebrations, by hosting a monthly Birthday British Isles Lottery each month this year. Each month I will pick out ten unused postcards on a particular theme from my stash. The draw will take place with the assistance of Postbot on the 21st of each month.

The theme for March’s Birthday British Isles Lottery is: Transport

I’m a fan of all modes of transport, so this month I’m sharing some postcards of different modes of transport! Trains, trams, cars, airships… you name it, I like it!

Photo of the postcards up for grabs:

Participation Criteria / Instructions

• This lottery is only open to Postcrossers living in the British Isles, i.e. the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man, and the Channel Islands :uk: :ireland: :isle_of_man: :guernsey: :jersey:. This is to help me minimise postage and customs charges over the course of this year.
  • Post with your number in the thread below, sequentially from the previous Postcrosser to have posted. Participating Postcrossers and their numbers are as follows:
  1. @jobloggs
  2. @tesc
  3. @EmmaG
  4. @Ali_caj
  5. @Steve_Francis
  6. @Maddymail
  7. @JustJo
  8. @wormole
  9. @JamCrackers
  10. @EmmaEirene
  • Entries for the lottery will close at 23:59 GMT, Wednesday 20 March 2024. Entries submitted after this time will be excluded.
  • The draw will take place with the aid of Postbot at 18:00 GMT, Thursday 21 March 2024.
  • I will send a private message to the winner after the draw to request their postal address, unless I already have it from another Forum activity.
  • I will then post the prize stash of postcards to the winner via first class post for the UK / via relevant standard postage rate for the Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man, or Channel Islands.

Good luck! Thank you for celebrating my 10th Postcrossing birthday with me this year! :postcrossing:

5 Likes

Yet more amazing cards on offer, thank you @chrisbonham11 - please may i be number 1 :hugs:

1 Like

Cards people will appreciate I’m sure !
No 2 @tesc

1 Like

No3 please Chris!
Great cards again, thank you :blush: x

1 Like

No. 4 please!
And thank you for another fun lottery!

1 Like

Thank you for another great lottery. No. 5 @Steve_Francis

1 Like

Great Lottery, Thank you! No.6

I am not a number! I am a free man!

4 Likes

Smashing selection!

Number 7!

1 Like

I would love to join please

Number 8 @wormole

Thank you for the lottery!

1 Like

Number 9 please :slight_smile: (Just squeezing in before it closes!)

Love the cards :grin: Thanks for the lottery!

1 Like

Number 10 please. Beautiful cards, thank you :blush:

1 Like

There are just over 2.5 hours left for you to get your entries in for this month’s Birthday British Isles Lottery! I’ll be making the draw at 18:00 tomorrow, with the assistance of Postbot.

Good luck! :postcrossing:

@postbot roll 1d10

:game_die: 6

Postbot has rolled 6, which means congratulations to @Maddymail for winning the March Birthday British Isles Lottery! :confetti_ball:

Your prize pack of postcards will be making its way to you shortly.

Thank you to all who entered the March lottery! Keep your eyes peeled for the April Birthday British Isles Lottery! :postcrossing:

6 Likes

Well done @Maddymail & thanks again @chrisbonham11 x

2 Likes

A big Thank You to @chrisbonham11 for this amazing Lottery,

The envelope arrived this morning, with a fantastic selection of transport series postcards! Very much appreciated, a very well done for being part of this amazing project for 10 years! :balloon::tada:

4 Likes