[CLOSED] Chrisbonham11's 10th Postcrossing Birthday British Isles Lottery #2

Hello British Isles Forum Folks!

21 September 2024 is my 10th Postcrossing birthday! On 21 September 2014, I signed up to Postcrossing. I don’t know now how I found out about the project, alas. What I do know is that I’ve had ten grand years as a Postcrosser, and I’m looking forward to the next ten years! The last three years, during which time I’ve interacted with so many of you British Isles folks in this lovely corner of the Internet, have been especially fun.

I have decided to mark my 10th Postcrossing birthday, and share the celebrations, by hosting a monthly Birthday British Isles Lottery each month this year. Each month I will pick out ten unused postcards on a particular theme from my stash. The draw will take place with the assistance of Postbot on the 21st of each month.

The theme for February’s Birthday British Isles Lottery is: Art

Get yourself a curated selection of art postcards from my stash, encompassing works by Vincent van Gogh, Katsushika Hokusai, Sir Joshua Reynolds, and David Shrigley!

Photo of the postcards up for grabs:

Participation Criteria / Instructions

• This lottery is only open to Postcrossers living in the British Isles, i.e. the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man, and the Channel Islands :uk: :ireland: :isle_of_man: :guernsey: :jersey:. This is to help me minimise postage and customs charges over the course of this year.
  • Post with your number in the thread below, sequentially from the previous Postcrosser to have posted. Participating Postcrossers and their numbers are as follows:
  1. @MoominMog
  2. @jobloggs
  3. @RyanR
  4. @EmmaG
  5. @MartynHst43277
  6. @Steve_Francis
  • Entries for the lottery will close at 23:59 GMT, Tuesday 20 February 2024. Entries submitted after this time will be excluded.
  • The draw will take place with the aid of Postbot at 18:00 GMT, Wednesday 21 February 2024.
  • I will send a private message to the winner after the draw to request their postal address, unless I already have it from another Forum activity.
  • I will then post the prize stash of postcards to the winner via first class post for the UK / via relevant standard postage rate for the Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man, or Channel Islands.

Good luck! Thank you for celebrating my 10th Postcrossing birthday with me this year! :postcrossing:

7 Likes

1 @MoominMog

Oh gosh I love these postcards even though I’m not really allowed to be getting any more into my stash!!!

Thank you so much @chrisbonham11, lovely of you to be hosting these lotteries each month :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like
  1. @jobloggs

Thank you again @chrisbonham11 for such a generous offer!! :hugs:

2 Likes

I’m not participating as I live so far away but I just wanted to congratulate you on your tenth anniversary and thank you for the kind monthly lottery you are offering. Hope the next ten years is just as much fun.

2 Likes

#3 @RyanR

Thank you for your lottery.

1 Like

#4 @EmmaG

Thanks Chris, it’s really kind of you to do this each month, great selection too.

We have a couple of Shrigleys, and his book, my husband’s a fan. This is my fave, I swear we’d be millionaires if it were true lol x

2 Likes

#5 @MartynHst43277
So kind of you to do this lottery:)

1 Like

#6 @Steve_Francis

Thank you for running this lottery. I’m loving the interview with you on the blog!

1 Like

Evening folks, there’s just over six hours left if you’d like to get an entry in for this month’s Birthday British Isles Lottery!

I’ll be making the draw in just over 24 hours’ time.

Good luck! :postcrossing:

3 Likes

@postbot roll 1d6

:game_die: 5

Postbot has rolled 5, which means congratulations to @MartynHst43277 for winning the February Birthday British Isles Lottery! :confetti_ball:

Your prize pack of postcards will be making its way to you shortly.

Thank you to all who entered the February lottery! Keep your eyes peeled for the March Birthday British Isles Lottery! :postcrossing:

6 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

You’re welcome!

1 Like