(Closed) Candy cane experiment

I am only offering this to one person and I don’t ask for anything in return.

I recently bought some candy canes to send to a penpal(in a package sent through the post office). But I wondered what would happen if i just stuck a candy cane in an envelope and mailed it with the correct postage. I assume it would at least break. So, what I am asking for is someone to volunteer(preferably in the United States) to receive said candy cane and report back(send a picture or describe the state of the envelope and candy cane) if they ever receive it. And if you happen to be equally as curious you could send one to me(this is completely optional though).

Please DM me if interested I will write closed in the title as soon as someone volunteers.

Sure, I am game. PM to you with address.

1 Like

There is a risk that the recipient will be charged postage due, as if the envelope were a package. That happened to me once when someone sent me a bunch of cards weighing between 3 and 4 ounces. There was correct postage for a letter ($1.18) of that weight. However, since it was more than 1/4 inch thick, the post office called it a package, which cost $4.50, and charged me the difference. I have gotten other envelopes the same size and weight with letter postage without problems.

I’ll keep that in mind and i’ll ask the recipient if they are okay with the risk of that happening. I am willing to pay them back in case that happens.

Also, you may want to ask the post office to hand cancel the envelope. Good luck with your experiment

1 Like

Has the candy cane been received yet? Inquiring minds want to know! Won’t you share the findings? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes