Christmas Stamps

Hi guys,
I have a couple of questions and I apologise in advance if this has already been answered before.

1. Until when can we use the Xmas rates?
  2. Is this only applicable to Xmas cards only or can we use it to send ordinary postcards or letters
  3. Do we have to use the Xmas stamps for this special rate or can we use any Oz stamp?

Kind regard
Fotis

2 Likes

On this page on the Oz Post site it lists the following for ‘Seasonal Greeting cards up to 50 grams’:

It states that it is for November and December only.

It also has a note labelled ‘1’.
The text for that states:

So it appears to me that the item needs to be in an envelope. That’s what I’ve been doing with all of mine (if the recipient asks for no envelope - I’ve been using a maxicard).

This said…I’m pretty sure others have sent normal postcards without envelopes and used the Seasonal rate, and they’ve arrived just fine. The instructions seem pretty clear to me though.

I can’t find anywhere where it says that they need to be ‘Christmas’ stamps. I think any old stamps would be fine, and that if you were using domestic stamps…you’d need to add 10% more for international though…as is usually the case.

I’ve used only current Christmas stamps for mine so far this year.

1 Like

I used to take that instruction at face value and not use the Christmas stamps for postcards. But last year I decided that rule was too illogical, and used them for postcards, without issue.

3 Likes

Are you kidding?
I’m the king of that! :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I sent a few Christmas rate ones a week ago, the interstate card in an envelope arrived on Friday but the other one not in an envelope but only going one suburb away hasn’t arrived…

Too early to see if the international ones arrive but I might go back to envelopes to be safe!!

1 Like

I always use the Christmas stamps on my postcards, I don’t put them in an envelope and I have never had a problem.

That’s an impressive use of a sheetlet!

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:
I organised a swap and I sent around 40 of them…

2 Likes