[Chat] Pull up a stump and set a spell, pop by for a cuppa and natter

This is one of the reasons why I tend to send cards made with my own pictures - unless you’ve swapped with me before, you’re definitely getting something you’ve never gotten before :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Excellent idea! x

1 Like

Snails, in a postbox! :snail: Snails eating mail in Lewdown village postbox - BBC News

8 Likes

Anyone watching the Rugby World Cup?
A congratulations to South Africa :south_africa: on winning their 4th World Cup :trophy:

Sharing my favourite postbox in Singapore - it’s my fav because it gets a special postmark if I mail stuff from here

(Does anyone know more about this particular company mentioned at the bottom of the box?)

6 Likes

@EmmaG I barely use facebook and no other social media. I just skip over if someone says in their profile, “see my twitter, Flickr, blah, blah, for favorites.” Or, for anything else. But, I do glance thru their wall on Postcrossing.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

They were iron founders that made many things from metal, including post boxes in the Victorian to Edwardian era like bandstands and street lamps. They made lots of post boxes which is what they are most known for: they appeared across the commonwealth. There’s quite a few sources on the internet about them, here’s one: McDowall Steven & Co. (fl. 1828-1930), foundry, a biography

3 Likes

:jack_o_lantern: HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone! :jack_o_lantern:

14 Likes

Gorgeous postbox toppers!!

2 Likes

Thanks to Google, not my own talent I’m afraid x

We have a Halloween one in the village.
That’s the second one that has appeared, so I am hoping that a topper is now the norm for us. I love them and applaud the secret knitters.

7 Likes

That’s great :smiley: x

Morning :blush:

The post had arrived early for once, usually it’s between 1 & 3pm! And It’s a good post day :grin:

I received a Christmas card (instead of an official postcard) from the Netherlands containing a small packet of cut out shapes, a fire place, candles, lanterns, a garland etc, it was a lovely surprise, but I’m not sure what they are or what they are for. Can anyone shed any light on it please, before i send the hurray message.

The sender also requested I send her a Christmas card in return, which I’ve not come across before, but I’m happy to, especially as she sent me a lovely surprise, but I’m struggling with what I assume is the town name line of the address, can anyone help please?

Thank you :blush: x

2 Likes

Hi @EmmaG - I just googled ‘3925 Netherlands’ (that’s the postcode) and it’s Scherpenzeel :world_map:

2 Likes

Thank you so much :blush: that’s great.
I didn’t want to risk getting it wrong! x

2 Likes

I’ve seen cutouts like that before - part of stationery or scrapbooking sets. A penpal from Germany sent me some that were Christmas Baking themed. I’m using them this year to decorate Christmas envelopes for my penpals :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you very much :blush:
I thought they must be something like that, but I’ve not come across them before x

1 Like

I still remember my postcode from when I lived in the Netherlands: 3531 CE :netherlands: Good times!

4 Likes

Hi
I just wanted to share this postbox from Whitby when I visited this week . I just thought it looked so pretty , sadly the fairy lights on the tree don’t show up too well , but it was lovely :heart_eyes:

15 Likes

Finally after 34 long days one of my WPD postcards has reached its destination, Belarus!

I’m very excited to have my first WPD badge :blush:

I’m totally baffled why the other card I sent that day hasn’t made it to The Netherlands yet, I should have used one of the many pigeons that hangs around our garden, it surely would have got there sooner! :bird: :email:

13 Likes