Category for online meetups

I recently joined in for an online meetup and greatly enjoyed the experience… Which made me seek for more online meetups that I could join in, and soon to realize that it is not that easy to find them!

Right now the online meetups are either on “other” category or placed in country specific categories even if the meetup is open for everybody and held in English or in other widely spoken language. I haven’t been actively browsing meetups before either but it seems for me that online ones are results from covid-times or at least got more common because of that. I think online meetups are great for members who can’t travel far, have no meetups nearby or just want to have a quick and casual meeting without leaving home, but I am afraid this “new” meeting possibility will disappear if it is not encouraged and supported.

To make sure that online meetups do not disappear into other categories and to make sure it is easier for Postcrossers to find out where and when online meetups are held, and in that way to ensure the online meetups are noticed better, I suggest that online meetups have their own category under the “Meetups”.

Thoughts? Yay or nay?

22 Likes

Love the idea of an online meet up…

1 Like

I love the idea as well. :hearts:

1 Like

Sounds like a great idea that is easy to accomplish. If it’s not wished to be an extra category, a tag “online meetup” would help, too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would find this helpful too, I had tried to find online ones but couldn’t and it would be great if details were more visible.

3 Likes

Yes, it would be really great! I thought there were online meetup only under the tough times of covid, when there were lockdowns everywhere…
It would be an amazing idea, indeed!

1 Like

Love the idea!

1 Like

I think it is a very good idea. I would like to join international online meetups, if I could easily find them on the forum.

1 Like

This is a great idea! I love in-person meetups but they often take up whole days for me even though the meetup itself is a few hours. I’d love to be able to find more online meetups!

2 Likes

Love to join an online meet-up.

1 Like

Great idea. I had no idea there even were online meetups. I’d love to attend.

2 Likes

Sounds like a great idea!

1 Like

Happy to see so many agreeing comments :slight_smile: Seems like I am not the only one who has had struggles with finding online meetups. I actually stumbled upon the one I joined by pure coincidence while browsing the forum for completely another thing, so it was very near that I never found out about it!

I thought about this, but how active people are using tags? For me it feels like most of members are not even aware of the tags so if it is only added tag then the results might not be much :thinking: But tag and category together could make a lot or a tag with plenty of information about it, if it is just the tag. Although I haven’t been active on meetup side of forum so maybe people are more tag active there?

Same here :frowning: It would be fun to chat with fellow postcrossers and write cards together, but my nearest in-person meetups are in Stockholm so it is 6 hours in train and staying over night. Literally not going to happen unless I have something else that I need to do in Stockholm too. Online meetups are much better for me; just hop in for an hour or two and have fun chatting and postcard writing!

4 Likes

Hello.
Yesterday I had an online meetups with Twitter Space. It was fun joining 2 other persons.
Sorry if I should have ask somebody (maybe postcrossing admin?) in advance. But I didn’t know if it succeed. And I hope it didn’t violate meetup rules.

1 Like