Cards sent from Iran have not arrived

Hello! I get a few times post from my family in Tehran. And it always come by DHL with shipment tracking. It takes 2 until 3 weeks to Germany.

The point is, it will lay to long in Dubai at the mail distribution center. Over 10 days always with tracking. So I think card with no priority, will be lay their to long… But I´m sure they will arrived!!! Have calm!

2 Likes

If you used the correct postage, you should be fine. Did you add a return address? I always do, I got two cards back as undeliverable(Netherlands and Belarus).

1 Like

It’s been months ago and it was a user in Iran, he’s been on tags a few times

Then I don’t think you need to worry yet. 5 weeks is not very long. I’m sure they will eventually arrive.

2 Likes

I would imagine the unrest in the country at the moment is probably causing the delay.

I received a tag card from Teheran after about 4 weeks.
I’m sure your cards will arrive soon :blush:

@dokhtarekhoob Ah I was wondering why I haven’t received your card yet, do you think they will return to you?

We can be patient. It happens both ways. I have sent you three or maybe four in the last nine months… But sadly, you have only gotten one. I think you have sent me some also…but they did not come either. I will keep hoping and not be irritated with you. Hugs!

I also waited a long time for postcards from Ehsan, but he quickly received mine.

1 Like

@dubets76
Yes, to Russia from Iran, it may take a while, just like from anywhere else worldwide. Ehsan in Tehran has sent me a card to Japan a while ago and it took about two weeks. I also have sent him a card from Japan and it only took 10 days and he was very surprised.

1 Like

I receive the others’ cards within 10 days at most, but it takes two months for the others to receive my cards.

@dokhtarekhoob

It is a mystery. Have you asked anyone at the post office about it ?

At the suggestion of a member of the forum, I told my friend to check the inside of the box. All the cards are still there. :sob::sob::sob::sob:
After 45 days!

4 Likes

Time to rig something with sticks and chewing gum to fish them out?

1 Like

What do you mean?

Is there any way to get them out of the box? Then you could post them in another box or at the post office counter.

3 Likes

If you can’t get the cards out, could you talk to the post office it’s in front of and explain the situation? Maybe they could tell you when they expect to send the mail out

1 Like

Oh, that’s terrible! 45 days! :flushed: How can anyone do Postcrossing under these conditions… :disappointed:

1 Like

I would imagine it has something to do with the unrest that’s been happening in Iran. Or it’s a dead post box.

@dokhtarekhoob She’s telling you to get a stick and put chewing gum at the end of it so the postcards was stick to it so you can take them out of the post box.

I would definitely think twice about doing this in a country like Iran.