CANCLED - PORTSMOUTH HISTORIC DOCKYARD meetup - Saturday 20th January 2024 - 1PM

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Portsmouth, UK
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Boathouse No 4, Portsmouth Historic Dockyard
:calendar: DATE: 20th January 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 13:00 - 16:00
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

CANCLED

At 13:00 meet at Boathouse No 4. NB: When you enter the dockyard through the main gates Boathouse No 4 will be on your left hand side.

We will spend an hour exploring the Boathouse No 4 museum.

Then at 14:00 we will head upstairs to the large restaurant/café in Boathouse No4 for drinks and to sign cards it has a fantastic view of the harbour but it’s usually quite quiet as it is a hidden gem.

Boathouse No 4 is within Portsmouth Historic Dockyard but ENTRANCE IS FREE for this exhibit just say you are going to Boathouse No4. For details see. www.boathouse4.org/

Once we have signed cards we may have some spare time, if so we can explore some more. If the weather is nice we can take a walk through the dockyard and look at the other ships (Warrior, Victory and perhaps some modern warships) from the outside.

This location has good transport links:

• BY CAR - just off of the M27 with a large car park based within the Gunwharf shopping complex,
  • BY TRAIN - close to Portsmouth Harbour train station
  • BY BUS/COACH the Hard bus interchange for local busses and National Express coaches
  • BY FERRY - Wightlink/Hovercraft for Isle of Wight, International Ferry Port for France and Spain.

Attendees
1 @TinyMouse
2 @autumn123

Maybe
@charzevans (Strong possible)
@JustJo
@chrisbonham11 (Strong possible)
@JennyAssis
@SusChris
@Pri
@Maddymail (strong possible)

4 Likes

@JennyAssis @JANIS10 @Pri @chrisbonham11 @SusChris @seaview @autumn123 @charzevans @Maddymail @JustJo

4 Likes

This sounds good, could you please put me down as a very strong possible.

2 Likes

Too late out for me to plan! Currently in work but I need to do some swaps on January anyway, so I’ll see nearer the time

3 Likes

Will keep fingers crossed, you can get a swap. But if you’re going will see you at the December meetup in Winchester

1 Like

Like @charzevans I’m going to be a strong possible at the moment.

1 Like

Can you put me and @SusChris down as maybe. :heart:

1 Like

Sadly not for the same reason, but I am going to Reading!

1 Like

Hi everyone

Would love to meet up again. Look forward to seeing you all.

1 Like

I’d love to meet up again, although I’m not sure I can :confounded: I’ll be on the maybe list and I’ll let you know :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Waaaaa, I’m working at a stamp show that day. My spirit will be there.

3 Likes

A stamp festival! Now I need to know more :slight_smile: I can send you a signed meetup card after the event if you like.

This looks amazing - I would very much like to attend!

2 Likes

Please put me down as a strong possible :blush:

1 Like

Really sorry but the train tickets are much more expensive then i thought, so sorry!

1 Like

Thats okay. Trains have become surprisingly expensive.

Hey all.

Im going to cancle this event in January.

Hopefully more meetups in 2024

All the best

Laura

2 Likes