CANCELLED - Vancouver, BC Meetup - December 3, 2020

:world_map:  VANCOUVER, BC:
:pushpin:  TBD:
:alarm_clock:  December 03, 2020, 1:00pm PST
:page_facing_up:  Join us for an afternoon of activities that are TBD (I’m thinking browsing for new postcards/stationary for our collection, potential in-person swaps, and maybe going to a cafe to write a few cards). A meeting location and exact plan will be decided based on interest.

• If you have any preferences or ideas on where/what we do, please include it in your post!
  • I hope to meet many new faces!
2 Likes

I’m definitely interested. I don’t get off of work that early, but could meet a little later in the afternoon, say around 4pm. There is a cool postcard shop on Granville Island and Regional Assembly of Text on Main Street has some postcards as well, I believe.

Has a location been picked yet?

Vicki
Postcrossing Team

URGENT RESPONSE REQUIRED!

Is this meeting going ahead? What is the venue if it is please?

Vicki
Postcrossing Team

This isn’t my event and I don’t live in the same city as them, but all social gatherings in British Columbia (including Vancouver) are restricted to household members only. This Postcrossing meeting would not be allowed under current public health orders.

1 Like

I never heard back about a location, but your are right, with the restrictions that were put in place later in November, we can’t gather in person for any meetups right now.

I have toyed with the idea of a Zoom virtual meetup (other groups have done this). Unfortunately I don’t have access to a pro account that would allow multiple people to participate for more than an hour (or whatever the cutoff is).

If anyone would like to organize an online meetup, I would certainly be interested!

I don’t have one either, but if someone is able to organize and host it, I’d like to join too :slight_smile: