CANADIAN Friends - Postage Help Question

I am going to be traveling in Canada for a couple days and want to use Travel Mode for the first time. Can I prepurchase canadian stamps and have them delivered here to the USA, do you know? OR, is there a place at Niagara Falls Canadian side, where I can purchase postage?

Thanks in Advance for your help!

Meredith

Hello Meredith,
You don’t say when you are traveling to Canada, so I don’t know if you have time to order online. Which is very efficient here, but I cannot speak for how efficient Canada Post is at getting stamps outside the country.
What I can offer is a list of post office locations in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
If you plan to mail domestically, there are LOTS of pretty 92cent stamps you can buy. Ask specifically for pretty stamps or you’ll get the generic.
Few post offices seem to carry the extra nice stamps for US, which is $1.30. I like to use last year’s xmas stamps.
International is $2.71. I like to use the Maud Lewis stamps; people seem to like them.
Have a fabulous time in Niagara, on both sides of the falls. So much to see.
Fireworks are 10pm!
Do try the Maid of the Mist. Nothing like the roar of the falls while you feel the mist on your face!
Cheers,
Helen

3 Likes

You can order Canadian postage online at

but there are postal outlets at many corner stores or pharmacies too.

If you’re mailing cards to the US, you can use the special US stamps that are $1.30 - if you’re mailing cards elsewhere it’s easiest to use 3 P stamps (permanent) that are worth $2.76 or the single international stamp at $2.71 - it costs $2.71 to mail internationally from Canada excluding the US.

2 Likes

@HookedonPostcards Sorry! I’ll be there July 3-4! We will be doing Maid of the Mist, as well as the Restaurant in the tower (I can’t remember the name!) And, we’ll also be driving down into London, ON, and onward back into the USA via Detroit.

1 Like

Thank you both for the help! :heart:

2 Likes

It’s Hornblower on the Canadian side or Maid of the Mist on the US side. Hornblower just doesn’t have the same ring to it though.

1 Like

So, you have time @mere5oh to order the stamps online, but be sure that they can be mailed to the US. And check for delivery fees, as well as currency exchange rate.
Sounds like you have a terrific trip planned. Perhaps you are also planning a stop at Niagara on the Lake? Or, at the butterfly gardens?

1 Like

Well, actually our trip is for a family reunion in Massachusetts. And, we’ll be driving. So, we decided to drive through Canada on the way back home. So, not much time for more than Niagara on both sides. The following day is a drive day, but we’ll be stopping at a market in London.

1 Like

Hope the weather accommodates for a very enjoyable time on this side of the line. :canada:
Have you checked for anything you might need to know about Traveling to Canada?

1 Like

I have, thank you! I’ll be checking in there periodically, too, in case something changes.

1 Like

Niagara Falls does have post offices and postal outlets where you can easily buy stamps and save the delivery charge.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks!

Hi friends from Canada. I wanted to hijack this thread for my own purposes. :). This post was from last year but I wanted to know if the above still applies? I will be visiting Montreal next month during our Thanksgiving weekend (Fri-Sun) and hope to send at least one official postcard from there. I found a couple Canada Post locations near my hotel, one only open M-F and another open on Saturdays. I hope to be able to buy some stamps after I’ve requested addresses. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Yes, it is still true - you should be able to buy single stamps at most postal outlets. If for some reason they don’t have the US ones, then you’d have to buy 2 of our regular stamps.

And so you know, there’s this weird pricing thing, you’re likely to have to pay $1.07 for a single regular stamp( if no US ones are available) unless you buy a booklet of stamps (then it’s 92 cents a stamp usually in a booklet of 10 or 12 stamps). Have fun!

1 Like

Thanks so much! It’s been years since I’ve been to Quebec and I’ve never been to Montreal before, so I’m looking forward to it.

1 Like

Montreal is a fabulous city - enjoy!

1 Like