[Canada] Where can I buy some nice stamps?

Hello,

I want to buy some nice international stamps (to send postcards to other countries) but there was nothing really interesting on canadapost.ca.

So today I went to a post office and there was nothing interesting there as well !

Where do you buy some nice international stamps ?

1 Like

Do you mean Canadian stamps to use for sending cards abroad (= mint (MNH))? It depends often what time you will spend on searching for suppliers. But you can find many nice private sellers through worlds best free catalogue. w.w.w.stampworld.com. If you mean different international stamps for your own collections answer will ofcourse be something else. Surely some Canadian PC friends will come forward in reply to your aid.

1 Like

Oh, I was not clear, thank you for asking, Tor ! I meant Canadian stamps to send to other countries !

1 Like

I buy mine from a local stamp dealer. Maybe you have something similar where you live.

1 Like

I use a couple of domestic stamps to send it internationally.

2 Likes

Oh, so it’s allowed to send postcards to other countries with domestic stamps ? I didn’t know that ! Thank you, Maggie !

1 Like

Three Domestic stamps is 2.76 (overpay about four cents) which is what I do for international! Have fun!

1 Like

As long as your stamps total $2.71 for international you can use one stamp or a hundred. It’s the total face value that matters.

1 Like

@roxy @Mystic-Violet @jakey thank you !!!

1 Like

That web site looks interesting. Thanks for the reference.

1 Like

Wouldn’t three domestic stamps equal $3.21? So you’d be overpaying by $0.50.

I would suggest that you buy smaller value stamps to add up to $2.71, if you don’t want to use an international stamp. You can get 1 cent stamps, 3 cent, 10 cent, 25, etc.

1 Like

One domestic stamp when bought in a book is 0.92 :slight_smile: for the Permanent value. I think one stamp at time is 1.07 or something like that so if you buy individually then you over pay for sure. I always buy the books so you get a discount

Yes. Of course. Me too. But I’m saying that, why you paid a discounted price, the stamp is still worth $1.07. So you don’t need to add the extra 15 cents of postage. If you do, you are spending the money you saved by buying in a booklet unnecessarily.