Can you ever send and receive a card from the same person on PC?

On the official postcrossing can you ever send a card to and receive a card from the same person? For example, you might randomly get assigned someones address and send a card. Then, down the line, they also get your address and send a card back.

Is this even possible? Has it ever happened to anyone?

2 Likes

On the official postcrossing can you ever send a card to and receive a card from the same person? For example, you might randomly get assigned someones address and send a card. Then, down the line, they also get your address and send a card back.

Is this even possible? Has it ever happened to anyone?

1 Like

I don’t know if it has ever happened like that, but certainly it is a feature of the Round Robins that you can join on the Forum. And a lot of the same faces show up again and again in the Tags too, so you get to know people and have different exchanges back and forth through those too.

Welcome to this amazing community!

1 Like

No and yes. If you and another person each have only one profile, the answer is no. But if one of you have two profiles, the answer is yes; because one can send to one profile and receive from the other.

3 Likes

Thank you!

I have just put my name down for a couple of Round Robins as I’d like to send more cards but it can be very slow when you’re starting out on the official PC.

1 Like

I see. I did wonder if it was built into the PC algorithm so that it wasn’t possible. But it makes sense that it could happen if you have more than one account. Thanks!

Lots of interesting stories here to check out

1 Like

And yes, it is slow in the beginning but direct swaps, tags, RRs etc on here can make that waiting time much more fun, so jump in & enjoy!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m looking forward to getting involved :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

As others have explained, you can’t send to and receive from the same account. You won’t get assigned to send to an account you have sent to or received from before.

There is an exception, however: If a card never arrives (i.e. is not registered) it will be deleted from the system after a year. After that you can get the address for the same account again or receive a card from them, because your previous interaction isn’t saved on the system anymore.

5 Likes

I am the mother of two boys they wanted their own profile game of how many gets to the destination they just recently just got the same person they pick the postcard and tell me what to write. It makes me happy seeing them smile getting their own cards in the mail and also happy seeing them get happy they know what joy they bring to someone else. They also trade postcard if like the other stamps or card.

Sorry @geo_ for a little bit chaos.
I thought we had already a Topic with this issue and I moved it to the wrong Theme.

Normally you can’t get the address of a person that sent a card already to you.

But if a card expired and is deleted from your travelling list after one year it is possible that you draw the address of this person again or this person draws your address.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: What if my postcard is lost?

Hi everyone!
I know this is an older topic. But I just wonder why it is not possible to draw the same person who has already sent you a card (or the other way around).

Is the algorithm designed that way so you have more “new” interactions? Or are there some privacy issues? Or …?

1 Like