Can we still sent cards/letters to Ukraine?

Slovenian Post still maintains mail exchange with Ukraine, but warns about delays.

However, this has to be taken with precautions.

2 Likes

@meiadeleite Some Finnish postcrossers have drawn addresses of Ukrainian postcrossers today, what should they do now?

Iā€™m sorry that we werenā€™t fast enough to catch that block. :frowning: We would recommend that the postcrossers hold on to these postcards, and mail them out as soon as possible, when the connection reopens.

11 Likes

Possible Sanctions by US and EU countries:
Whatā€™s the likelihood that nations suspend postal delivery to/from Russia and/or Ukraine?
Since Russia has a large share of my outgoing postcards, Iā€™m guessing this could affect all of our postcard traffic in a big way. I would hate to think cards sent to either country are going into a black hole with no hope of delivery, or that sending postcards to those countries might have negative consequences for those receiving them.

7 Likes

For situation exceptional in ukraine is not possible send postcard letters to ukraine

Thereā€™s an update on Ukrposhtaā€™s website about the situation there:

https://e-export.ukrposhta.ua/en/export-processing-in-the-current-situation/

5 Likes

Itā€™s not blocked from and to Slovenia. There is an announcement about delays due to the situation in the country. ( PoÅ”ta Slovenije | Zamude v prenosu poÅ”tnih poÅ”iljk z Ukrajino)
I donā€™t think post will be a priority for a while and Iā€™m sending warm wishes to all the people suffering on both sides of this war.

1 Like

Apologies, somebody else mentioned the situation in Slovenia already. Sorry about the repeated news.

1 Like

As at February 24, post from Canada to Ukraine is suspended.

1 Like

Just realized I sent a card to Ukraine on 19 Feb, never imagined what the place would go through in the next few days.
Iā€™m glad I picked an illustration of red balloons forming a shape of heart since she likes hearts, hope it comforts her if ever reaches her.

23 Likes

Iā€™d like to, but according to the obvious attitude of P.R.China, if the words on postcards will be censored by the national post system of China (or some countries like here) before sent? If it will, the card just canā€™t be delivered to the consulates of Russia or Ukraine in these countries. It may even bring trouble to the senderā€¦
I really want to do something for Ukrainian, but it may be dangerous to doā€¦:cry:

5 Likes

No offence, but I wouldnā€™t think so. China Post neither have spare nor capable staff to tackle this diplomatic issue. As long as you donā€™t write in Chinese (but addresses in Chinese), itā€™s like an alien text to the postal service provider.

3 Likes

Czech Post is not going to cancel delivering to Ukraine. On the contrary, it will be delivering packages to Ukraine free of charge to help people who want to support their relatives there. Source in Czech

30 Likes

Now my country has stopped postal relations with Russia and Belarus.
Ukraineā€™s skies are also closed to air traffic.
We have a war. Russia attacked us. Russia is bombing my country, my cities, killing my compatriots, and only that is true. Our warriors are brave and principled in their love for their country, we defend ourselves! Peace to all!
We want it now like no other

25 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ukraine and Russia

Hey I got a postcard to send to Western Russia, along the (de jure) Russia-Ukraine border. Will the delivery progress be affected due to the ongoing conflict?

Just check Singapore has suspended all mails to Ukraine as well. Had sent a postcard to Ukraine close to a week, shall just wait and see if the card gets sent back to meā€¦ praying for the pple in Ukraine in the meantime.

1 Like

Simple question: only my second postcard to send, and i have been given a lady in Russia. Apart from the current ā€œsituationā€ i wonder whether it would even arriveā€¦ i believe the airspace is closed? What should i do?

2 Likes

@Brammeke @helix680 First, welcome to the Postcrossing Forum! :slight_smile:

Thereā€™s no information that we know of that mail to Russia is being affected. There may be delays, but with the pandemic, thatā€™s just the norm almost everywhere unfortunately.

Mind that this topic is about mail delivery to Ukraine, not to Russia. If there are changes on mail delivery to Russia (or any country) that we are aware of, weā€™ll update the Postal Monitor with them.

3 Likes

From today Russia does not accept postal items to Ukraine and Moldova.

1 Like