Can this new pride stamp cause issues in some countries?

Hey everyone :smiling_face:

the german post released this awesome limited edition pride stamp and i really want to use it a lot :slight_smile:

But now i was wondering if this can cause problems for the receiver and/or with the delivery of the card. If i am informed correctly some countries banned all LGBTQ Symbols, what is a shame. (like for example Russia)

Should i avoid using this stamp for these countries or is it just me overthinking the issue? I dont want to cause any problems to anyone

13 Likes

I would perhaps avoid using the stamp when sending a postcard to certain countries. Just because it’s like a red flag to some people and countries. No need to provoke when it can be avoided.

7 Likes

Why provoke unnecessarily. It is frowned upon in some countries. I would definitely not send it to those countries.

3 Likes

That is difficult to answer. You really don’t know what kind of feedback, if you get it, from the people you mail to.

Mostly people who appreciate it write so in their profiles. If there’s no hint of that avoid it.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say this is “provocation”: this flag symbolizes inclusivity and harmony in my opinion (and by the way, it is also the flag of Cusco, Peru ).
However, it is also true that the meaning of :rainbow_flag: has unfortunately been misused, and is presented by some as a symbol of pseudo-propaganda. That is the reason why, if I were you, I’d take care to explain in my postcard why I chose this stamp, what it represents, etc… In fact, this is often what I do, for any stamp, because it seems to me that stamps always have a meaning in that they represent what the state that prints them wants to show about itself.

2 Likes

Beautiful bright stamp. Wont cause problems in Ukraine. Those who are in the know will check it out, those who are against it will not even understand what kind of flag it is

8 Likes

Excellent stamp. I like it. But for such a stamp in our country you can go to jail for 7 years or more. In Russia such a stamp can only be sent in an envelope. Our country is a fascist criminal dictatorship.

6 Likes

In Japan, that stamp you show is no problem. But as for Tom of Finland kind of stamps, there may be postal workers in Japan who would not enjoy looking at the stamps, although they will still deliver the mails with the stamps on them.

1 Like

I think after the olympic opening there are a lot more people that have problems with it!

Hello! I am from Russia, and here all LGBT symbols are indeed officially banned. It is possible that a postcard with such a stamp might be discarded at the post office during sorting. Your postcard might not reach the recipient.

1 Like

yeah, in russia! I recently heard that at art festivals, sellers of various merch are prohibited from putting Rainbow Dash merch from My Little Pony on tables. I don’t know if these are rumors or not, but with our legislation everything is possible. Perhaps the brand will also be recognized at the post office. it’s all terrible

1 Like