Can Recipient See Card Pic Before It Arrives?

Hello. I am new to Postcrossing. I have sent out 6 cards so far! I was just wondering - if we upload a picture of the postcard before it arrives, can the recipient see the picture? I don’t want to ruin it for them ahead of time. I’m not sure how it works. Also, if we add a picture ahead of time, does the picture still show up in the gallery upon arrival? Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello! I think that before the recipient registers the postcard, he can’t see any information because he can’t see the postcard you are traveling. If you upload the photo in advance, it will be displayed when the recipient receives the card and registers, and will be placed on the wall :heart:

8 Likes

Thank you for this info!

1 Like

And remember the assigning of an address is random & so the receiver does not know who or where a card is coming from. They only know who sent the card when they receive it & register it.

Welcome to :postcrossing:ostcrossing!
I too am new(ish) and love it. I hope you have lots of fun! :smile:

1 Like

And remember that as the sender you can only upload a picture while the card is still travelling. Once it has been registered only the receiver can upload an image.

1 Like

Thank you for asking this - it was something that I’d been wondering too!

Really? I thought I could still post a picture when we click on the postcard ID hyperlink. I remembered doing that a few times before but I guess I might just be re-uploading the sender’s blurry picture! Thanks for telling me

You can also read about this in the FAQ in the Help-section, here: How do I upload or delete a postcard image from the postcards wall?

1 Like

When you received the postcard you can always upload a picture. But for cards you sent it is only possible before it arrives. Once the receiver registered it only they can upload a picture, not the sender.

2 Likes

Even though I seldom leave the picture upload option blank when I draw an address, I’m glad that I came across this post! Thanks for the information I’ll keep that in mind :heart:

1 Like