Can anyone identify these book icons on this map postcard?

I bought several copies of this card years ago from an online shop that closed down in 2020. The shop was owned by a book subscription company, so this card has references to well-known books with each “icon” on the map. They seem to be either Young Adult books or classics. For example, The Mortal Instruments (bottom middle gray buildings icon) is Young Adult, and Alice in Wonderland is a classic book (top right caterpillar on mushrooms icon).

However, I’m not sure what books the two circled icons are from (circled in red). I wonder if the bottom right one could be The Hunger Games, but I might be wrong. I believe the middle icon is probably from a Young Adult book, but that’s just a hunch.

If anyone has any ideas on what books they’re from, I would greatly appreciate any help! :heart:

1 Like

Could the middle one be from Shadow and Bone? (I have not read that book. I’ve only guessed from the description from Wikipedia and the cover of the book.)

2 Likes

How curious! I’ve read and watched Hunger Games so I’d definitely say that’s the cornucopia from the arena. Cool card :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Top right is likely The Hobbit - the middle one you circled reminds me of St Basil’s Cathedral in Red Square in Moscow & I’d say @syaffolee guess was right of Shadow & Bone.

Is the far left supposed to be Hogwarts?

2 Likes

I too think the middle one looks very like St Basil’s Cathedral in Moscow.

As for the one at right, it reminds me of Bolvangar from the series His Dark Materials. But that’s just a guess

1 Like

Definitely. It’s from Catching Fire.

They actually captured it really well. I agree, cool card. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I think it’s Bardugo
Screenshot

2 Likes

Oh, it might be that! That would make sense, since Shadow and Bone is a popular Young Adult series. Thank you!

Thanks for confirming! It’s been such a long time since I read the Hunger Games, so I wasn’t sure :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Interesting! I wonder if the author of the book was inspired by St Basil’s cathedral :thinking:

Yes, I believe the far left icon is Hogwarts! It looks like Hagrid’s hut and the Forbidden Forest to the right of it!

1 Like

Yes! And there’s little boats in the water, like first year students ride up to the castle :canoe:

2 Likes

Definitely! Excellent catch!

2 Likes