Burundi

Not many postcrossers in Burundi. I sent five cards with the numbers BI-54 to 58. A picture of the post office in Bujumbura:

I asked for postcards and they told me to come in behind the counters, gave me a chair and brought a pile of postcards:

One card & stamps costed about a dollar. The ladies were extremely nice and gave me a pen and told me to sit there and write my cards. I had 27 cards so I said I will write at my hotel.

I have three cards left. Write me a PM if you want one sent from Burundi. First three will get one. I expect a card from you in exchange.

53 Likes

That’s amazing!
May I know what you are doing there? Enjoy!

1 Like

PM sent

1 Like

Wow, you are already in Burundi. So glad you could find nice postcards and send them easily! The postal workers sounds very helpful too. Thank you for taking pictures and sharing your experience with us. :smiling_face:

P.S.
In case someone wondering: this is just a comment and I don’t mind not getting cards from Burundi, so people below me still has chance!

3 Likes

Offer finished. I also got answers straight to my profile.

4 Likes

I am just in Burundi and Rwanda as a tourist.

5 Likes

One step late, I’m fourth place Haha.

2 Likes

That’s so amazing, thanks for sharing the photos. It’s so awesome there’s so many postcards and they let you sit there if you want. The post office is so interesting too.

2 Likes

I late too

2 Likes

I love the colour of the post office! :sunflower:

2 Likes

Fantastic! Thank you very much dear for sharing amazing photos! :two_hearts: Have a wonderful vacation! :sun_with_face::raising_hand_woman:

2 Likes

Too late for me to ask you to create a maxicard in the process of mailing it as a postcard!

Thanks for sharing your fun experience. Enjoy your visit and have fun writing your cards! :+1:t2:

Great post, Gert!

Super exciting to read and see - “again”! :smiley:

What accommodating staff at that post office. I find that super, and also, that they have cards! Wow!

What fine stamps too! :star_struck: