Burnaby, BC Meetup - 1 June 2024

received! thank you and see you then!

Iā€™m planning on attending! Iā€™d love to reserve 10 meetup cards please :smile:

2 Likes

Hello!
I just signed up to attend.
My first international meetup! Woohoo!
Iā€™ll be coming from Seattle.
May I have 20 cards please? Iā€™ll pay CAD when I get to the event.

Many thanks!
Looking forward to this!

Bobby

5 Likes

Are there any shops nearby where I can purchase touristy postcards.

The closest to the library that I know of is a dollar store called ā€œBuck or Twoā€ at the mall (Metrotown)

I think you might be able to find touristy postcards at some post offices where youā€™re only paying for cost of the international postage. Not all post offices carry them so you may need to call beforehand.

I just realized while I was in one yesterday. Thereā€™s a London Drugs close by and they sometimes have a small rack of touristy items they include postcards and thereā€™s always a post office in them too.

1 Like

Sweet, just saw this! Iā€™ll be there whenever I can pull myself away from the stamp show.

@Sprinkledonut
@bocek

1 Like

There is a Canada Post outlet at the Shoppers Drug Mart location located within walking distance of the library on Kingsway, just west of the library.

1 Like

Weā€™re in community room 1 :slightly_smiling_face:

You can try at Canada Post at Shoppers Highgate. Just few minutes walk away from the Library :blush:

Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for coming out today. It was lovely to see you again and to meet some new faces.

See you at the next meetup! (We were thinking end of September to coincide with the same coin/stamp show, Vanpex 2024 and World Postcard Day :grinning:)

Mel

Also, for those that couldnā€™t make it or would like to purchase more postcards PM and let me know and I can mail them out :blush:

5 Likes

Thanks for organizing @postcrossingMel <3
It was nice to meet everyone - thanks for sharing postcards, supplies, stories, journey, advice & snacks :slight_smile:
see you next time!
ā€“christina

4 Likes

Had so much fun, thank you!!

3 Likes

Thank you for the lovely meetup & the wonderful conversations. Looking forward to the next one :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

My husband and I have arrived safely home down here in the lower 48. Thank you for hosting a wonderful meet-up. It was my first international meet-up and I enjoyed the best of times.
Our border crossings were a breeze. Coming and going, we had a total wait of 15 minutes. We must have hit it just right. :slight_smile: And I love the Non-billboard sculpture at the boarder!
Thank you again for being part of what is to become a very special memory for me.
The happiest of Postcrossings to you all! <3

4 Likes

Fun meetup, nice to meet everyone and glad to make some new acquaintances!

@postcrossingMel thank you for organizing.

1 Like

Another successful meetup for the Metro Vancouver area. Thanks @postcrossingMel for organizing!

Update: One of the meetup postcards has arrived in Germany a mere five days after the meetup.

https://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/CA-1476020

4 Likes

Mine was the same! It took less than a week to arrive in the Netherlands: Postcard CA-1475893. I had to finish the writeup so I didnā€™t drop it off in the mailbox till Monday haha.

2 Likes

Thank you @milkiwei and all participants for the lovely meetup card :slight_smile: Hope you had a nice meetup!

2 Likes