British Isles Tags - Thank You Thread

That’s such a stunning bouquet! I take it the photo charm is of her? That’s a really lovely touch :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you :blush: yes that’s grandma x

2 Likes

Thank you @mwntimperial for the wonderful postcard of Old Harry, cliffs I certainly remember studying at A Level - classic erosion case study! You are similar to my boyfriend, not so much interest in Geography but an Ancient Historian himself, I think he’d like a day trip to that Roman Villa!!! I’ve just noticed you have matched a stamp with the postcard - how fantastic! Thank you again, you have spoilt me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Apologies for the delay, a big Thank You to @geo_ and @tesc for the recent Dinosaur postcards,

I do like the Miniature Sheet from the recent Dinosaur set, it is the art gallery layout of how the stamps are framed, makes them really attractive, Thank You @tesc

I did not know you could do that for Maxicards use only the front stamp for postage from the SHC teams, @geo_ love the info about Mary Anning and the saying about ‘She sells Seashells on the Sea shore’ Thank You,

and from @EmmaG , I cannot be sure if i have reported this or not, but a lovely philatelic stamp card from the Windsor Philatelic Office in 1982 along with the Windsor Postmark, I love the engraving of Windsor Castle and the Dorothy Wilding Portrait, Thank You,

5 Likes

BI word chain tag
@Natea thankyou for the lovely Nuts and seeds of Britain card . I hope you managed to sort your weeds out . Was that you on the stamp ? :grinning::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

A great choice forGroup 192 from @JamCrackers who was actually a bridesmaid at a wedding that took place over the anvil in Gretna Green, although presumably it wasn’t an elopement! Thank you so much for this, Jaymie; I hope your weekend has been a chance for a rest and I can completely empathise about the ceiling - I’m.not sure if my home is more like a sieve or a sponge at the moment! :confounded:

Oh, and thank you for the wonderful mushroom washi tape, too!

2 Likes

From the “i spy” tag, love it and the stamps :slight_smile: I think I have another Edward postbox near me!!
Thanks again to @jobloggs

3 Likes

2 thank yous from me today for 2 lovely cards received from the new British Isles Word Chain reverse tag!

Thank you @EmmaG for this beautiful cat card with cute cat stickers and new ink stamp! I’m honoured to receive the very first card offered on this tag! :heart_eyes_cat:

And thank you @Natea for this great Kew Gardens PHQ card that I’ve been wanting in my collection for a while as i have a few of the stamps! It’s also somewhere I’ve never been but would like to! :tulip:

6 Likes

For the BI “I Spy” tag… Thank you to @jobloggs for the wonderful Highland Calves postcard with matching cow stamp!! I absolutely adore the little babies and thank you so much for the cow stickers as well! So jealous you’ve done the 500 Route, that’s on my bucket list :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you so much to @jobloggs for this card of the new King Charles & Queen Camilla outside Buckingham Palace for the BI Word Chain Tag - A sad reminder of a very momentous period in time :cry: x

4 Likes

Many thanks to @mwntimperial Elisabeth who sent me the cartoon postcard and to @EmmaG Emma who sent me the two Rosalind Wicks postcards, and for their good wishes that I get well soon, so thoughtful.

Humble thanks
Andi x

6 Likes

I’m glad it arrived @Yorkshire_Lad and even more glad that you are back home and on the mend. I hope you can get some vitamin D this week and feel better. :sunny:

4 Likes

Thank you @MartynHst43277 for this fab MogCherie King Charles III card for the BI Tag, great stamp selection & Queen Elizabeth Tower sticker too. Sorry to hear about your roof leak :frowning: But it has been nice to finally see the sun :sunny: looks like it’s staying all week, fingers crossed

and thank you @JoF for the great Queen Elizabeth & Prince Phillip NPM Golden & Glorious card with special hand stamp for the BI I Spy Tag. Lovely decorations too :heart_eyes: We spent the weekend doing jobs in the garden, it was lovely to do them in nice weather for a change… there may also have been tapas & Prosecco :champagne::clinking_glasses: sorry to hear you had to work :frowning::frowning::frowning: x

3 Likes

BI I spy tag
@moominmog Thankyou for the gorgeous kitty and I love the Hello kitty stickers and cute washi tape :heart_eyes_cat:I also really like the stamps. Ive had the Phq cards of of these series but never the stamps . Thankyou :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I would like to thank @EmmaEirene Emma for the lovely get well soon card that arrived safely this afternoon. I’m feeling a little better at least I can breathe easier now.

Regards Andi x

7 Likes

A big thank you to @EmmaG for the I spy tag postcard of the Humber bridge ! Also the lovely stamps ! And another big thanks goes to @EmmaG again for the lovely great tew post office card from the British isles tag, don’t have this one in my collection but I wouldn’t mind anyway as I like both blank and postal used cards! Love the postbox stamp on it too :slight_smile:

Martyn

5 Likes

Ah, feel better soon Andi. Each day as it comes x

1 Like

I spy
@EmmaG thankyou for the beautiful card and stamps such pretty flowers and lovely colours on both card and stamps .Gorgeous decorations too :heart:

3 Likes

Catching up on some received cards:

Thank you @MartynHst43277 for this excellent night sky for the I Spy tag! I agree, I’ve been having fun with the new tags already - so glad and grateful that they were set up!

And thank you @EmmaEirene for the amazing mermaid card for the Reverse Word Chain tag. I’m absolutely the same, my uncle bought The Little Mermaid on VHS for me and I think everyone in my family regretted it given how often I rewatched it! Love the gorgeous washi tape too :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Thank you @mwntimperial for the beautiful Korean bunny card & cute bunny stickers for the ‘I Spy’ tag

It’s always a pleasure to hear what you’ve been up to. I hope you enjoyed your Postcrossing meet up. The weather has been beautiful here since Saturday :sunny::sunny::sunny: sounds like you weren’t quite so lucky, but hopefully this weekend will be good for you x

and

Thank you @chrisbonham11 for the lovely Queen in her Coronation Carriage card for the ‘Word Chain’ tag! you’re right, it was from a BITE & funnily enough it was me that put it in there, so it’s lovely to receive it back written for my collection.

Thanks for sharing your Queen story, I love it when people are able to do that on the cards they send me :blush: Sadly, despite getting very close several times, I never actually saw her up close in person. But I’m told she waved at me as she passed by in her car when my parents took me to register my birth :baby:t3: x

Thank you both for the beautiful stamps x

6 Likes