Blank front postcards - thoughts?

I finally bought a few packages of blanks too. I make a lot of my postcards and having something cut perfectly and lined definitely makes it easier. Here are two I’ve drawn on,

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing, those are lovely :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wouldn’t do this on official Postcrossing, but I once wrote “Michigan in Winter” on the bottom of one of those, and sent it to a friend who’s a fan of the “By Night” series of all black cards :rofl:

I think hand drawings/paintings are great, and can really be personalized to fit any unusual interests the recipient might mention.

1 Like

I once got a blank front card and the message was something like since it’s not your fault I’m having an artist’s block, you will get this :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

:joy:

In one of my previous jobs I had to send a blank page through the fax machine to check it was working at the other end. So I wrote on it,

Hi, I am a blank page!

1 Like

I love that! The message almost makes the blank side feel like "abstract art’ haha!

2 Likes

Maybe it was invisible art? lol

2 Likes

If you are sending your card to a stamp connoisseur, you can glue some old stamps on the white side, it will be beautiful and the recipient will appreciate it. Just don’t glue stamps on top of each other, it might upset the philatelist -)

2 Likes

Oh that is a good idea. Thank you for your suggestion :slight_smile: