Birthday Card but no number?

Hi friends! I got a lovely birthday card - in an envelope - from a fellow postcrosser but there was no number at all. I’m assuming it was a postcrosser because the sender was unknown to me, and from Germany. I do have their return address and will send a note but are birthday cards from postcrossers common? I don’t want this card to go untracked… has anyone else experienced this lovely suprise?

1 Like

If I pull an official address and the postcrosser has an upcoming birthday or recent birthday, I will mail a birthday postcard and a “regular “ postcard. I will write “2nd postcard “ and the ID# on the birthday postcard and a happy birthday wish. I write the ID # on both postcards so the recipient will know it came from me. I’ve noticed a few postcrossers request birthday postcards in their birthday month. Only recently have I invested money in birthday postcards.

2 Likes

you can try from registration page to find out if it was official card. there is a form to fill out card without ID

1 Like

You have only received 7 official cards from Germany so far.
Have you compared the names or the handwriting on the cards?
Then you should find out whether the card is from someone who has already written you a card.
If you can’t find out the sender in this way, then please contact the support so that they can search for the ID :arrow_right: Request help to find unknown ID

2 Likes

I didn’t compare the writing, no but I did look at the senders from the site. I will compare the writing - that’s smart. :slight_smile: And then I’ll follow the link if I am still stumped. Thank you!

1 Like