Autumnal Meet-up - Leicester - Saturday 9 November 2024

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Leicester, Leicestershire, UK
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Newarke Houses Museum, The Newarke, Leicester, LE2 7BY, United Kingdom
:calendar: DATE: Saturday 9 November 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11:00 UK time onward
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: This Meet-up is being co-hosted by @jobloggs , @MoominMog , and @chrisbonham11 .

We will meet at the Newarke Houses Museum (Newarke Houses – Leicester Museums), a museum in Leicester which showcases the history of every day life in the city from the 1500s to the present day. There are a selection of children’s toys and games, as well as a replica 1950s street scene. The Museum also holds collections on the Leicestershire Regiment of the British Army.

After we have explored the museum, we will adjourn to have some lunch, chat, and sign a few postcards. The venue for lunch and postcard signing will be confirmed soon.

The Meet-up Postcard design and cost per postcard will be confirmed in due course. Once these are confirmed, we will ask attendees to confirm how many postcards they would like.

Leicester is fairly well connected by train (Leicester Station | National Rail), as well as long-distance coach services (Leicester Coach Station | National Express), to towns and cities across the UK. The Museum website provides advice on local car parks (if you are driving), as well as moving around Leicester on foot, by bike, and by public transport (Find Us – Leicester Museums).

Please comment below if you would like to attend this Meet-up. You will then be added to the attendees list:

Attendees

1. @jobloggs
  2. @MoominMog
  3. @chrisbonham11
  4. @minimog
  5. @BriJN
  6. @ZoeJN
  7. @simmo11
  8. @Eli33
  9. @Jake_Murray
  10. @OliverGraham
  11. @tesc
  12. @tesc 's husband
  13. @Potatosium
  14. @moonraker_girl
  15. @tanzianne
  16. @charzevans
  17. @mapcardcollector

Maybe Attendees

1. @xxxxyyyyzzzz
  2. @Maddymail
  3. @MartynHst43277
  4. @mwntimperial

Please also comment below if you would like to receive a postcard from the Meet-up from one of the participants in return for another postcard. Swap partners will be confirmed nearer the time:

Swap requests

1. @CrimsonKing (swap partner @Jake_Murray )
6 Likes

Ooh, yes. There are a lot of things I’d like to see in Leicester ( :crown:, :rocket:). I may try and see if I can make a weekend of it.
Can I be a “maybe” please?

3 Likes

I would like to swap for this card, thank you. :blush:

1 Like

Yaaay! Thank you @chrisbonham11 - the man with the local knowledge! And also @MoominMog ! Looking forward to this and hope the central location will be good for lots of people :heart:

3 Likes

Could you put me down as a possible please?? :+1:t4:

3 Likes

Yay! My mum @minimog would like to be a possible please as well!

3 Likes

Me and @ZoeJN would love to come!

3 Likes

Yay can’t wait to see you both again :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Put me down please just so @MoominMog will let me out of this basement.

5 Likes

for legal reasons this is a joke @simmo11 !!!

3 Likes

I just blinked twice so all is fine.

2 Likes

Please add me to the maybe list. :blush:

3 Likes

Hello, thank you for organising this meetup. Sadly, I’m unlikely to be able to make this one but I will know nearer the time. You never know!

2 Likes

Please add me to the list :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can you add me to the list please, I’d be delighted to attend! <3

3 Likes

It’s great to see so many people signing up already! :partying_face:

4 Likes

It’s great to see so many people signing up already! :partying_face:

I must admit your stamp is certainly the reason I felt encouraged to buy my own stamp! So instead of handwriting, I now have my own little version and it’s on its way, woohoo!

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-16 at 14.31.42_4047a67e

It’s a wooden rubber stamp, not self inking, I was tempted but thought I’d get bored of the same colours haha!

10 Likes

That’s brilliant @Jake_Murray - love it! :heart:

2 Likes

Put me down as a maybe for now please :slight_smile:
I don’t have to design or bring my own postcard do I? I’ve no idea how to lol. It sounds like a nice day out!

3 Likes

Also please add my partner, @OliverGraham to this as well!

3 Likes