Aurora, CO - Beer Makes Me Hoppy Meetup: 30 September 2023

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Aurora, CO
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Stanley Beer Hall in Stanley Marketplace
:calendar: DATE: 30 September 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1300-1600
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Meetup with other Postcrossers at the Stanley Beer Hall at Stanley Market Place, Aurora to sign meetup cards, hang out, eat some yummy snacks and try some brews! This is a no-judge-zone, if you do not wish to get a beer, don’t! I personally do not like the taste of alcohol, so more than likely you will see me drinking water or tea and snacking it up!

IMPORTANT:

Due to the larger than normal attendance, I will be going to the beer hall around 1230 to try and get a table large enough (first come first serve) to fit everyone. If anyone would like to help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated!

Cards have been ordered! 250 were ordered, all cards have been claimed!

The Stanley Beer Hall has outdoor seating. It is almost 100% in shaded areas and the entrance is located in Stanley Market Place. It is possible we will have to purchase food/drinks as a table, if that is the case and you do not want to purchase food, I can purchase an appetizer for the table depending on attendance/price. What is cool about the Beer Hall is that they have a self-pour system. Basically, you get a card at the front desk when you walk in and that card activates the spouts and keeps a running tab based on how much you pour yourself of the different beers, cocktails, or wines (yes, wines!!!). I personally am not a big drinker, but plan to order food and a lemonade!

Front of card:

Back of card:

I will be ordering the cards no later than 1 September 2023, please let me know how many you would like. If we are over 250 cards, the next amount we can purchase is 500, please keep that in mind as I have close to 150 cards left over from the last meetup LOL. Cards are $0.20 a piece this round.

Process of signing cards:

Prior to the meetup, I will separate card quantities for each individual person and put each bundle into its own envelope. The outside of the envelope will have who the envelope belongs to as well as a list of each person attending. These envelopes will be passed from left to right during the signing phase of the meetup, and after you have finished signing each card in the envelope, you will put a check next to your name to show that you have signed the cards in that envelope! :slight_smile: If all goes well, by the time you get your card back, all names will have been checked off of the list. If you are late, don’t worry about it- we will pass your bundle around the table as well, you will just have quite a bit of signing to do once you arrive! :joy: If something comes up, please feel free to send me a quick message through Postcrossing- I will be keeping an eye on my email.

What will we be doing?

• Spending time with awesome, like-minded people from our Postcrossing community!
  • Swapping postcards and signing our meetup cards!
  • Trying brews and snacking on yummy food!
  • Share our Postcrossing stories!

Items to bring to the meetup:

1. Postage stamps
  2. Postcards to exchange/send out after meetup
  3. Rubber stamps/pen/markers to sign meetup cards
  4. Washi tapes, stickers, fun decorations for your cards
  5. Envelope/folder to safely bring your meetup cards back home
  6. A jacket, just in case it is cold! :slight_smile:

Members who joined us last time:

1. @snailmailkait
  2. @emilysunflower
  3. @yobriannas
  4. @VMinakawa
  5. @Mopothoper
  6. @ShadZ and Beth
  7. @Pstcrdldy
  8. @EJGorski
  9. @Cachefan
  10. @moxymaven
  11. @karissaplans
  12. @wanderfrolics
  13. @munkymar
  14. @Honalee

Those who will join us this time:

1. @snailmailkait 23 cards
  2. @karissaplans 30 cards
  3. @VMinakawa 20 cards (Tentative)
  4. @yobriannas 30 cards
  5. @EJGorski 20 cards
  6. @in_8916 20 cards
  7. @Kristencat 15 cards
  8. @Nolablue 20 cards
  9. @SantaFeJo 20 cards
  10. @Honalee 10 cards (and 10 cards for @ShadZ)
  11. @munkymar 20 cards
  12. @LeftyLydia 5 cards
  13. @Pstcrdldy 5 cards
  14. @adrimarti 1 card
  15. @Musiclover79 1 card
4 Likes

I love the card if anyone wants to swap

1 Like

Hi Kaitlyn! Awwww, don’t think I’m going to be able to make this one but I had a great time at the last one and please keep me updated about others! :smiley:. Also, I just sent you some mail yesterday, FYI, so look out for that! :mailbox_with_mail::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m totally in! September 30 is in my calendar. I’ll take 30 cards this round! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m in! I’ll take 20 cards, please. Thank you!

1 Like

I’ll be there! 30 cards, please.

My vote is Stanley Market :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t wait for another great meetup. I’m definitely coming and would like 20 cards. I vote for Lowry.

1 Like

I’d love to attend. I’ll take 20 cards.

1 Like

Hello. I am currently traveling around the states (lucky me!) and hope to be in that area around that time. When is the latest to rsvp/ask to set aside cards?

Hey! I will be ordering the cards the first week of September, that way they are here on time! As long as we have extra cards, there should be some available. A few days heads up is always nice, I try to get everything set up before hand so the meet up runs smoothly. We had someone at the last meetup say they were coming with a 10 hour notice and I had to scramble to get things set up for her. That was almost little bit too late :joy:

thanks for getting back to me. i should know around 9/15 or so if i am able to make it. can i reserve 10 cards? i will pay regardless (through venmo if you accept it) and if i am not able to make it, you can distribute to the attendees. it’s been like 7 months since i’ve been to a meet up and i feel like i miss nerding out on postcards with others. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Of course! I will reserve 10 cards for you. I’m not sure how much they’ll be yet, it depends on the quantity of cards we end up ordering. I will let you know when I order! :hugs:

Cute card! I love it!

1 Like

Beth and I will not be able to make it this time – we have a wedding to attend. :slightly_frowning_face:

We would still like 10 cards if possible – maybe @Honalee can pick them up for us if she is attending

1 Like

I’ll be there and take 10 cards please. I’ll be happy to pick up @ShadZ cards too.
Another great card design! Thanks so much for organizing us again.

1 Like

Cards have been ordered! 250 were ordered, we have 30 cards left to be claimed for anyone else who would like to join.

Hi @snailmailkait

I would like to join this meetup! Thanks for organizing another event! Could I get 20 cards?

1 Like

10 cards left if anyone else is joining!

I’d like to join you all. Five cards please.

1 Like

yay! i will definitely make it. if there are any cards left could i have 5 or 10 more. if not, no big deal. can’t wait to meet everyone!

1 Like