August 9, 2024 - York, PA Meetup

:world_map: CITY/REGION: York, Pennsylvania, USA
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Four Points Sheraton, 1650 Toronita St, York, PA 17402
:calendar: DATE: August 9, 2024 (Friday)
:alarm_clock: TIME: 12:00-1:30pm EDT
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: The Postmark Collectors Club (http://www.postmarks.org) is holding their Annual Convention at the Hotel, August 8-10, so I will be there for most of that. There are some Postcrossers in the PMCC and there is a fun overlap between these hobbies. The Convention usually has a Postal Outlet on-site so I will request they carry postcard and international stamps for purchase. The Convention will also have a commemorative postmark for our cards. I will bring special postcards for the occasion. We will have a table and meeting spot in the ‘main room’. The convention attendance is getting small each year (~30-45), but it is a warm, friendly bunch. You are welcome to sign-up for the convention (not mandatory!), there are plenty of freebies and sales tables. On Friday there is an ‘ice cream’ walk later in the afternoon and we are going to York Revolution Baseball game that night. Terry.

Postcrossing Blog featured the PMCC’s Ohio-based Museum during 2018

Meetup Guidelines.

5 Likes

This sounds fun! I’m a MAYBE at this point-- not exactly sure when I’ll be getting back to the east coast after a road trip. Will update my RSVP in a month or so.

2 Likes

FYI - A postcard themed pictorial postmark will be available at the NAPEX stamp show in McLean VA on June 8. In past years, the postmarks have been announced in the USPS Postal Bulletin with instructions on where you can request it. For more info on the show visit NAPEX.org

For those that cannot attend the stamp show, information was finally posted in the May 30, 2024 Postal Bulletin.

2 Likes

I am planning on coming.

1 Like

I plan to attend. This sounds very interesting.

Hallo! Is someone interested in swap? I can offer some meet- up cards from St.Petersburg or anything from my swap- album Anmelden | VK
Thanks!

I will be there. I’m looking forward to it.

1 Like

I plan to attend. Thanks!

1 Like

I’m a maybe. One of my friends is in town from NOLA so my attendance will be determined by her schedule.

This sounds fun, I’m planning to attend.

Might come :slight_smile:

Hello, my name is Uli and I live in Germany. :de:

My dream destination has been the USA for many, many years. :us:

Unfortunately I’ve never been there.

So I came up with the idea of ​​collecting a postcard from each US state with the name of the state on the front of the postcard.:grinning:

I already have about 30 postcards with US states. :top::+1:
I’m still missing Pennsylvania, among other things.
An American postcrosser gave me the idea to post my request for a postcard in the Meetup forum. I’ll just give it a try, maybe there’ll be someone who has a postcard like that.:man_shrugging:

Of course I would also return the favor/thank you with a postcard. If my post is completely out of place here, I apologize.

Many greetings from Germany Uli​:de::us: