Ask for help~Recruit participants for my undergraduate dissertation

Hi, everyone. My name is Qingyuan, and I am a student from the University of Nottingham Ningbo,china. I am working on my undergraduate dissertation. My dissertation topic is about the meaning construction of the Postcrossing platform in everyday life within modernity. I want to recruit some participations to have a semi-structured audio interview online. If anyone who interests my topic have any spare time to engage this activity?
If you would like to engage, please contact me. If you are interested in the postcard of the china postcrossing meetups, I could send several postcards to you to express my feeling of gratitude.
Many thanks. Have a nice day!

updated: we can use Skype for meeting
My Supervisor: Thomas.Hirzel@nottingham.edu.cn
My school website: University of Nottingham Ningbo China - 宁波诺丁汉大学
Research ethics of my school: Research ethics
My Faculty:Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
My major:Study with us

4 Likes

Hi Qingyuan, could you explain what your topic is about - it’s not clear to me from your description below.
Also what questions would you ask of people? thanks!

1 Like

In general, my topic is the Postcrossing in everyday life. I will ask some questions around postcard and Postcrossing. For example, What motivates you to keep swapping postcards on pc?What role do postcards play in your everyday life?Do you make any friends on Postcrossing? Do you have any long-term contacts?

1 Like

May I ask what is your field of study?

Which personal data will you need to collect and store / write down for the interviews?

1 Like

Its my undergraduate dissertation, and the field of topic is modernity and everyday life.
I planned to record the whole interview. Unfortunately, I cannot find an appropriate APP for the meeting. I cannot enroll ZOOM in china. I only can use voice message of Teams for this interview. Thus, what people talk will be collected.

Thanks, that’s much clearer!

Thanks for making it clearer!

So you don’t need personal data (like the full name or address of participants) for your list of references?

1 Like

Before the interview, there are two documents about ethic should be read and signed. Maybe I just need your full name, your country and your age, that’s enough.

Before the interview, there are two documents about ethic should be read and signed. Maybe I just need your full name, your country and your age, that’s enough.

Maybe check https://meet.jit.si/ — you can create ad-hoc video chats directly on a web browser (no other software required) and I believe it supports recording.

1 Like

Thank you very much!! It is useful for me!

I am interested.
It would help if you shared the following:

1. Do you have a research committee? If so, will you share the name of your research supervisor?
  2. Can you provide a link to the guidelines for ethics with research for human subjects that you are following? I am wondering if it includes working with individuals all over the world.
  3. Can you provide a link to your university, as well as specifically to your program of study and the contact information of the dean of your school?

Perhaps you could you send me the research ethics documents to review before agreeing to participate; which, of course, would be standard procedure.

1 Like

Hi, could you provide your email? I can send you documents and links by email.

Thank you for providing the information needed to help me assess the legitimacy of your research.
An intriguing project through an interesting program of study and research.
I will gladly participate, and have sent you a PM with follow-up details.
Best wishes with your project! I hope you will write a blog post for Postcrossing once you have completed your project.
Or, perhaps consider asking Admin if you could write one now to tell about your research?

Thank you for your suggestion. I will write a blog post after finishing my project. Now I have to dedicated myself into dissertation. I hope everything goes well.

1 Like