Are your postcards taking longer to arrive to their destination?

what do you mean by expire? Thanks

I joined on 24 Dec, pulled 5 names, but due to Christmas closures, post office wasnā€™t open until 28th December to get stamps. Posted them on that date (from Australia). One has arrived - Germany. The others were going to Russia, Serbia, Finland and the US. I thought at least the US would have arrived. To be honest I havenā€™t sent overseas mail for years so Iā€™m out of touch with postage times, but Iā€™m worried the others wonā€™t arrive. I suppose there are delays due to Covid and Xmas, but I still thought after nearly a month, theyā€™d all be at their destination.

1 Like

Keep calm, theyā€™ll arrive eventually. They have 60 days time to arrive, then the system will mark them as ā€œexpiredā€ and youā€™ll be able to draw another address to send a card to. Especially Russia is very slow!
Mail is slow these days, donā€™t worry. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thanks for the explanation.

@capchat, I received a postcard from Australia today, sent on 1st January, postmark is from 8th January, so maybe at least your card to Finland will arrive soonish :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Today I received two letters that were sent from the US in June and August 2020!

I was so surprised. Has anyone experienced this as well?

I know that some of my cards and letters in 2020 didnā€™t arrive, I had to re-send several times.

Just wanted to let everyone know, if you are still waiting for cards apparently they are taking ages :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I sent one from NJ to FL. Itā€™s 43 days and still not delivered yet. Not sure if itā€™s on the way or lostšŸ˜‚

3 Likes

Well, thank you everybody for your replies! Just yesterday I received a chain card we had started in July 2019 :smiley:

I guess we should not give up, and just display patience! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I read your messages and calmed down a bitā€¦ I joined on the end of December, pulled out first 5 addresses (Ukraine, Germany, Switzerland, USA, China) on 26 December and posted next day. But so far none of postcards have been deliveredā€¦ I hope theyā€™ll not get lost on the way. It will be very sad because I tried to choose those that recipients would definitely like. I never thought postcards delivery could be so longā€¦ And from your reviews it looks like my country is the worst in it.

3 Likes

Donā€™t worry! They will make it, I am sure. I do not think Russia is the worst country at all, in my personal case (Spain), cards from the USA or Australia are taking the longest, but even others from nearby countries such as Italy or the Netherlands are taking twice as long as they used toā€¦ :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Seems we really should be patient and just wait :crazy_face:

1 Like

I package sent from Germany to the U.S. in November finally arrived, fortunately without damage. There is hope!

3 Likes

Good to know, we are still waiting for 2/4 Christmas packages sent in early November ā€¦

2 Likes

I wish Postcrossing would raise the number of cards that new people could send. With cards taking so much longer and cards expiring so much now I can understand how especially a new person would be frustrated and sad not receiving cards for so long, if at all.
I joined Postcrossing over three years ago and the initial first five cards has not been increased.

5 Likes

All the addresses I drew to USA are taking a long timeā€¦ one of them already expired.

3 Likes

Pleasantly surprised that the card I was expecting to take about 90 days to far-eastern Russia arrived just before it expired!

Since restarting Postcrossing in December none of the ones sent to China has arrived, and one is about to expire. :disappointed:

2 Likes

I have one traveling to Switzerland for 23 days. It does seem an unreasonable amount of time, as it is traveling from another European country, so something is definitely wrong hereā€¦ :confused:

1 Like

All my cards to the UK have reached their destinations in 3 - 9 days. Now my card has been travelling to Scotland for 33 days. Finnish post is warning that deliveries to the UK take longer now but Iā€™m impatient because I want to add some of his cards to my wall of favourites. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Iā€™m happy to see that others are experiencing this, although not happy that itā€™s happening. About two months ago I sent 4 PC to Russiaā€¦I said to the postal workerā€¦ā€œwell, Iā€™m sure I can assume these will never reach their destinationā€ā€¦maybe he threw them out because they havenā€™t been registered yet. And now, Iā€™ve recently sent 2 moreā€¦so of the 12 PC I have outstanding 6 are to Russia. I do have 1 outstanding one to Chicago, USA. just a few States away, which is about 32 days oldā€¦I think she just hasnā€™t registered it. She is somewhat new, and probably bored with this already. I do think Iā€™ve sent a PC to everyone in Germany already. Happy Postcrossing.

2 Likes

I share barryocā€™s sentiment! All of my postcards that I am sending from New Zealand are expiring, and because I have only an 8 postcard limit, I am just waiting until one expires before I can send another one. (And then I am thinking to myself, why am I sending another one when they arenā€™t reaching their destination?) For me, postcards that I sent from NZ used to take about a month to get to the rest of the world. Now it is over 2 months. Some of it is postalā€™s fault, but for others, it seems like the people arenā€™t at home to register them. One confirmed she is spending an extended lockdown somewhere else, and someone else hasnā€™t registered postcards for over a month (and the last time she registered, she registered over 50 postcards at once!). I am trying my hardest not to contact people to see if they are at home! :slight_smile: Postcrossing is definitely teaching me patience!

2 Likes