Are there rules about going inactive often?

Hello,

Lately, I’m suffering a lot more from mental issues.

It means I want to go inactive, but I already was inactive a while ago.
Are there rules about this? Or can I just go inactive a lot?

Don’t worry to people that drew my address, I will register cards as soon as I get them, but I don’t want to get overwhelmed at the moment. I realized after drawing new addresses that I’m not doing good at all. I will write them however today, but after that I think I want some rest in my head.

Today is a dark day I think.

11 Likes

As far as I know there are no rules about how often or how long going inactive.

Get well soon, and bright days for you.

6 Likes

As long as you register the cards that are already on the way to you, there’s no problem. I hope you feel better soon, and that the cards on their way to you give you a smile when they arrive.

3 Likes

You can be inactive as often as you want, so don’t worry about it. I hope you feel better soon or later.

1 Like

Hi there, People can go inactive anytime they want to or need to! I hope you feel better soon.

Here’s a quote that I emailed to myself last night that seems timely:

No darkness lasts forever. And even there, there are stars. -Ursula K Le Guin

14 Likes

I don’t want to receive a lot of cards at once so I’m always inactive unless 2 minutes every now and then when I want to get some cards. I’ve been doing this since May and haven’t had any problems. :blush:

4 Likes

I went inactive a month ago and I love it. It’s the first time I’ve done this. I’m sending cards but I don’t have the energy or time to register cards right now.

If you ever want to chat send me a PM, I hope you feel better soon.

@nnniiina so you become active for only 2 minutes? And how cards do you get for that brief period of time?

3 Likes

Usually something between 2 and 6 cards are sent during that time. One day there were sent 14 cards but I’m not sure did I leave my status active for longer time then or not…
Once I forgot my status active for half an hour and got 37 cards sent on that day. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

How does this inactive thing actually work?

Let’s say for example I keep wanting to send five cards a week but I don’t want to receive any.

Let’s say 4 months down the line I changed my mind. So do I received all the cards that are due to me at once or how does this work?

After the first lockdown I stop sending cards but I did register in a card that came but I wasn’t sending anything. They were cards that got held up when all postage was cancelled.

1 Like

I think like Facebook, you can activate/deactivate your account as you choose.

1 Like

Yes you do, according to my experience. Last year I was inactive for 6 months and was due 50 cards. I received 62 cards sent on the day I turned my profile active again.
Sorry for answering even though you didn’t ask from me. :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

@nnniiina thank you :relieved:

Thank you for answering this question. I’ve never activated my account after I’ve been inactive, so I was curious too. @lastIrishman if you don’t want to receive all due cards at the same time, I think you need to do like @nnniiina and only become active for 2 minutes at a time until you catch up.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing up the question, I was curious about that too. I hope you take time to rest and take it easy. If you would like well wishes card, I’d be happy to send you one. :heart_decoration: :sunny: :two_hearts: :rainbow:

Sending you Hugs and hope you feel better :blush::hugs: