Anyone willing to help with my ITALIAN homework?

I’m a Chinese student in the University of Hong Kong, registering in a basic Italian course out of interest in Italian opera.

Now I’m struggling with the rules of word forms. Hopefully there will be someone to correct my erros and clarify the rules considering adjectives and word gender :cold_sweat:

Thank you guys!

[ Not sure whether some words should end with a/e/i/o]

1 Like

Ciao @Huiquan!
Mi chiamo Matilde, ho 13 anni e vivo in Italia.
Mi piacerebbe poterti aiutare.
Esercizio 4:
2. quest’esercizio è corretto, ma al posto di “una casa calda” potresti scrivere “una casa accogliente”, che è più adatto al nome “casa”
8. si dice “un ristorante nuovo
9. è corretto dire “un libro vecchio” :+1:
13. si dice “uno studente laborioso”, “laboriose” è un’aggettivo che si usa al plurale femminile (esempio: delle studentesse laboriose)
14. si dice “una città grande

Esercizio 6:

1. C’è un aeroporto a Bologna.
    un’ si usa solo al femminile quando una parola inizia con una vocale, al maschile si deve togliere l’apostrofo, per esempio:
  • un amico
  • un’amica
  1. C’è un tavolo nel ristorante
    “nelle” è femminile, per esempio “Ci sono animali nelle case”

Esercizio 3:
2. Un ristorante italiano
4. Un gelato grande (l’errore è “uno”)
6. “Un amico tedesco” è giusto

Spero di averti aiutato!

Grazie, Matilde!
I feel clearer about the rules and get more familiar with them after checking the examples.
One last question, why should it be ‘grande’ instead of ‘granda’? Città is feminine.

I can’t figure this out yet. :rofl:

And I’m really grateful to have you here! Probably I’ll turn to you for help afterwards in language learning. Have a nice day!! :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

Hi @Huiquan!
I am happy to have helped you! :blush:
It should be “grande” instead of “granda” because the adjective “granda” does not exist.
For example:
NON la casa accoglienta MA la casa accogliente—>le case accoglienti
NON una bambina felicia MA una bambina felice—>delle bambine felici
NON una macchina verda MA una macchina verde—>delle macchine verdi

Have a good day too!
Bye :hugs:

Great! Sending you a virtual hug :smile_cat:

1 Like

Hi Matilde!
Would you please help check the assignment this week? Not sure how to give a negative answer. :rofl: Hope the message doesn’t bother you.

1 Like

Hi @Huiquan! :blush:
4. insegniamo
5. mangiano
6. arriverà (se è al futuro - if it is in the future)

Thank you! Is there any error in the third question? We haven’t covered the grammar yet. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

You are welcome! :blush:
No, the third question is right!
Have a good day!

Prego! :blush:
No, la terza domanda è giusta!
Buona giornata!

1 Like

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :+1:

Ciao Matilde! Here to bother you again :rofl:
Our compiti is to describe 2 people’s background. I make up all the information. Would you like to help examine the incorrections?
I know the description must look dull and funny to native speakers haha
By the way, I’d very like to send a postcard to say thank you :revolving_hearts: If you’d like to receive one, let me know your address:D

Best,
Huiquan

1 Like

Hi @Huiquan!
I would be happy to receive a postcard! Thank you so much! :blush:

IN THE TABLE
“Come” is wrong —> Nome: Amelia
Lingue straniere: francese e cinese

Amelia Conti e Claudio Clombo (are you sure that is Clombo and not Colombo? Because the surname Colombo is more frequent) sono Italiani. Amelia ha venticinque anni e Claudio ha ventisette anni. Loro abitano a Roma, in via Acero numero diciotto (what is “Ponte”? In the table). I loro numeri di telefono sono: tre, quattro, otto, otto, nove, zero, quattro, cinque. Amelia fa l’infermiera e Claudio fa l’avvocato. Loro non sono sposati. Amelia parla francese e cinese e Claudio parla portoghese. Amelia non ha la patente e Claudio ha la patente.

Hello Matilde!
A quick question. Shall we use the original form of the verb after a ‘non’?
For example, shall I say ‘Maria non rispondere alle mie domande’ or ‘Maria non risponde alle mie domande’?

Best,
Huiquan

1 Like

And is there and exception of ‘sapere’ and ‘conoscere’?

1 Like

Hello @Huiquan!
The correct form is “Maria non risponde alle mie domande”.
With the verbs “sapere” and “conoscere” the correct form is:

• sapere —> Non so come ti chiami (verb in the present)
  • conoscere —> Non conosco i tuoi genitori (verb in the present)

Have a good day! :blush:

Okay! Thank you🎉

1 Like