Another rare country on the map

I was just checking the general stats and noticed that South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands first postcard arrived today to their destination:
GS-1
GS-3
GS-9
GS-15
GS-16

46 Likes

There are proably more on the way, these three cards just arrived. :smiley:

1 Like

Who hopes that one of other postcards will be his/her? :grin:

13 Likes

Another new place that I didn’t know exists :laughing: . Thanks for sharing! I wonder which country stamps they use sending postcards from there. Surprisingly those cards travelled quite fast despite they were sent from remoted place

Yeah … there are 17 cards more on their way … I actually was really taken by surprise today, that they have already arrived. A report about South Georgia ist in progress :slight_smile:
It was a great trip and so cool that postcrossing helped me to send cards from South Georgia

Take care
Acclax

42 Likes

They actually have a lot of their own stamps in South Georgia. The actual one has a seal on it :wink:

7 Likes

That’s interesting! I thought they would have UK stamps since it’s a UK’s territory :sweat_smile:

View new blog on:

19 Likes

Fantastic write-up Reto! Thanks for sharing. I posted some postcards at Port Lockroy on the Antarctic Peninsula, a lifetime ago. Your story has brought back fond memories! :heart:

2 Likes

My dream is to visit all the rare countries and send postcards from them in travel mode :rofl:

8 Likes

I think many of us share this dream! :blush:
I was happy to send many postcards from my two trips to Morocco in 2019 and quite a few from San Marino in 2021. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Great blog post - looks fab! And so funny that the postbox has similar blurb on it to the ones here in the UK :rofl:. They have a sense of humour…

5 Likes

But there’s far more gold paint on theirs - in fact, is there any gold paint on ours?

2 Likes

I hope one of them is traveling my way, now. :laughing:

This mailbox looks so special😝

2 Likes

The 20th postcard that @Acclax sent from South Georgia reached its destination today :heart:

7 Likes

Yeah, almost couldn’t believe it, all 20 cards found their recipient.

Thanks again for your support :slight_smile:

5 Likes