Alternative Monthly NARR - July to Dec 2023 - December sign-ups closed

Update:
All cards have been selected, I’m slowly writing the messages as time permits.

#1-2 mailed 7/6
#3-4 mailed 7/7

2 Likes

All cards were sent out today! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Got all my cards mailed today.
And Wednesday I received a super cute elephant postcard with Hello Kitty stickers from @sleepyhippo1 Thanks so much Marcella!!! I love it!!

3 Likes

#13 hazygirl
All cards are traveling.

#6 @dnrhott sent a Festival in Perú. I love the care Bears washi!

3 Likes

July 2023

#11 @MuttleysMom sends a great vintage card of Glacier Park in Montana. I want to visit Montana, my high school friend’s parents moved there a few years ago!

#5 @sleepyhippo1 what a great postcard Marcella! I love the car show! We have the Graffiti Show every June since Modesto is the setting of American Graffiti!

#7 @nursegarry sends a postcard from one of my favorite artists, Salvador Dali! I also like Picasso, Georgia O’Keefe and Andy Warhol.

4 Likes

Dropped my last card in the mail today, now all are traveling! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Happy to report cards received from:

@LLAcademy (#4) - welcome!!! And howdy right back! I was born in El Paso and grew up in TN so even though I’m up north now, it’s a legit howdy. Super cool that you’re close to the space center!!! I loooove this glorious card. Congratulations on your courageous thing, mama. Not sure it gets more courageous than that!

And from @dnrhott (#6) a smile and a wave from the happiest place on earth! My kiddo is into comics, too. I used to love Yogi. How fun that you have a t-shirt :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Received a nice card from @dnrhott . Thanks so much!

1 Like

Updated by #10:

#5-6 mailed 7/7
#7-9 and #11 are going out 7/10

2 Likes

All of my cards have been mailed.

Received from
@dnrhott Reno. My summer is going well so far.
@LLAcademy toddlers. My favorite knitting project was a temperature blanket. I knitted a row a day with the assigned color for the temp that day.

Thank you both

2 Likes

What a fun project! Man, 365 days of dedication, that’s impressive!!

July #9 reporting:

Received my first card for this group from #11 @MuttleysMom!

Thank you so much for this print of Charlie Russell’s “Keeoma”! He certainly was prolific. :grin: My husband likes everything about the Old West (Art, books, movies, etc.) :heart:

3 Likes

#13 hazygirl received

#11 @MuttleysMom sent a cool Silver Springs, FL mermaid. My sister took my niece to a mermaid place a few years ago, could it still be there?

2 Likes

Woo hoo! It was a fun day to collect mail! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@sleepyhippo1 (#5) Sends the most ADORABLE bunny photographer! We might have to frame this one! It’s been raining here too, thanks for the cute stickers and intro to your pets’ personalities :slight_smile:

@dnrhott (#6) sends some great views of Denver, Colorado. You have such beautiful handwriting :slight_smile: Glad to hear all is well, the kids loved the cute stickers :slight_smile: Thank you!

@nursegarry (#7) Sends some beautiful photos of Japan! The kiddos recognized Mt. Fuji right away. Japan was part of our geography studies last year, as well as an artist study of Hokusai, so it was a great connection point! :slight_smile: So cool that you have 6 brothers & sisters, are they all in the medical field? My father in law is one of 9!! Everyone went the medical route except him, he’s a geophysical engineer.
Edit to add: can’t believe I forgot to say thanks for the cool stamps!

3 Likes

I received two cards today from
@nursegarry and @LLAcademy

@nursegarry i love this card!! Looks like they took a picture as she was falling into the pool. Beautiful

@LLAcademy i love this card too. I love how it has all the parts of the plant. Reminds me of a biology class I took when I was in school. I don’t have any nature journals, I keep meaning to start one but never do. I loved the washi too

2 Likes

#11 MuttleysMom received postcard from #12 @durangirl. Beautiful picture of Yosemite National Park. And thank you for telling me about your family. Loved the stickers and bright colors!

#6 @dnrhott

Montana is a great place to visit, I highly recommend it! It’s funny because I answer your question in my postcard. The stickers and stamp were very cute, thank you!

@nursegarry

You mentioned you thought the picture looked like bread. I could see that. I also think it looks like a fist getting ready for a fist bump. Thanks for the card and cool stamps!

5 Likes

#11 @MuttleysMom lovely :heart_eyes: Montana Fireweed Sunset. hiking never been.

@sleepyhippo1 ohhh look at this view i wonder if the lion know this dragon above him.? Very nice

3 Likes

@ReadWithMelissa very interesting card thanks for the stickers :grinning:

2 Likes

#11 MuttleysMom received postcard from @sleepyhippo1. I love the picture of a hiking path, looks so inviting. It’s nice to hear someone on Postcrossing has visited my town. And it’s fantastic you work with animals. My dog is a rescue and we wouldn’t have him without people like you. Thanks Marcella!

2 Likes

:email: :email:US Post Office Rates Increased :email: :email:

In case you weren’t aware, the US Post Office increased it’s rates on July 9th, 2023.
Domestic
Postcards: $0.51
Letters: $0.66

International
Postcards and Letters: $1.50
:email: :email: :email: :email:

I’m panicking a bit because I’m not sure if I used forever stamps for the cards I mailed out on Monday or not.

3 Likes