All about IndiaPost - Questions, News, Help

1 Like

Hello,

Would appreciate input on the following. Has anyone been able to send mail to Bangladesh :bangladesh: in 2024?

I was at the Mumbai GPO this afternoon and was informed that mail isn’t being routed there. Is this true?

What would be the best option to route a postcard (for a swap) to Bangladesh? Should I try a request on the forum for help getting the postcard to its destination via an intermediary?

Hey Hemang!

I have a question about postcard postal rates.

When I started Postcrossing in December 2023, I saw the India Post website noted the international rate was Rs. 15/- but checked at the Mumbai GPO since I’d never mailed a postcard internationally before. I was quoted Rs. 25/- for an international postcard that wasn’t in an envelope and have been using Rs. 25/- ever since!!

So is it Rs. 15/-? Is that what you are using to send cards internationally in 2024?

It’s disappointing that India Post staff would not provide correct information.

2 Likes

In india, mostly staff is ignorant about Foreign tariff of postage charges so I would suggest you to take website as a reference. And Postcard rate is 15rs for long, and it hasn’t increased. Really sad to hear that you had to use it on cards.
Staff at my PO suggested me 50rs when I started postcrossing and I just didn’t followed them and reffered to website ever since))

Hope it’s helpful

2 Likes

Thanks for the info bud! :handshake:

1 Like

Dear members, I am in India and I want to send a postcard to Europe. How much does it cost?
Nedime

1 Like

flat rate for airmail postcard ₹15

2 Likes

Thank you for your quick answer. :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes