A postcard you didn’t know you wanted until you received it

Postcrossing meet-up postcards in general. Initially, I didn’t think much of them, until I received one and I thought about it, and I thought it would be really nice to get meet-up postcards because they are unique, cannot be bought in any store, and are limited edition.

Likewise, for pandemic-themed postcards. They are only seasonal.

2 Likes

Great postcard for next year is Year of Ox.

Any of these four!

6 Likes

That’s my year! Thanks for reminding me @SLLiew :blush:

I’m obsessed with these too!

I prefer photo view than painted view but today I received a gorgeous painted view of New Milford, CT. Thanks to @uconn for sending me this wonderful card.

And another wonderful painted view I received today from @miriginger

5 Likes

Let me start by saying I have no interest in sports whatsoever. I don’t play a sport, I have nothing about sports in my profile or anything else to indicate I’m into it.

A while ago I got a card with a football/soccer player on it. I guess he might be famous? I don’t know.
This was such a strange card to receive. Someone specifically picked this for me! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
I was dumbstruck for a few seconds and then burst out laughing. I laughed for a good 10 minutes.
Why did someone send me this?

I still don’t like sports…
But this is one of my favorite cards now. :laughing:

5 Likes

I got this postcard of the statue of Spejbl and Hurvínek in Pilsen from the Czech Republic and the message on it - which is connected to the statue - is so sweet and personal that I instantly fell in love with the statue and will definitely go visit it one day.

5 Likes

That is an very interesting information! Thank you for sharing, now I want to see it in person as well :smiley:

1 Like

I have received two postcards from this “your future husband” aeries, which I had not known about before receiving the first one. They are pretty funny (just silly predictions, like a fortune telling postcard).

9 Likes

I looked up your profile and I think that it might be because you have a very long list of cards you would like to receive but at the end you say: “Don’t worry if you don’t have anything that you think fits this list, every card brightens my day and I love to hear from you!”
It seems that the sender has managed to achieve just that!

2 Likes

They did! They made my day :smiley:

I give a list because I know a lot of people (myself included) like a list of ideas to be able to please someone with ‘the perfect’ card, but I also include that everything makes me happy, because every card does :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I received this card last year. I’ve never really like cards that are a just a bad quality, Google found, at home printed picture on a simple piece of paper, but I really love the picture so much.

1 Like

I didn’t realise that I love the National Parks of America until I got my first one. Then the second really solidified it! :joy:

6 Likes

This handmade postcard. It’s one of the most beautiful postcards I’ve ever received.

This Tausendschön postcard I received right in the beginning of my collection. I didn’t know at that time they were so popular, but I felt overjoyed that someone sent me such a beautiful card. Now I collect them! :laughing:

7 Likes

I didn’t know my life needed a life-sized camembert postcard in it, and then it arrived in the mailbox! :smiley:

5 Likes